This issue needs a solution.

Disk volume is down(2074)

Created: 09 Nov 2012
jeppe_ols's picture
Login to vote
0 0 Votes

Hi,

Got an problem with Disk volume is down(2074).

nbdevquery -listdv -stype PureDisk -dp dp_disk -U

Disk Pool Name      : dp_disk
Disk Type           : PureDisk
Disk Volume Name    : PureDiskVolume
Disk Media ID       : @aaaag
Total Capacity (GB) : 15194.74
Free Space (GB)     : 8301.13
Use%                : 45
Status              : DOWN
Flag                : ReadOnWrite
Flag                : AdminUp
Flag                : InternalDown
Num Read Mounts     : 0
Num Write Mounts    : 1
Cur Read Streams    : 0
Cur Write Streams   : 0
Num Repl Sources    : 0
Num Repl Targets    : 0

Have tried commands

nbdevconfig -changestate -stype PureDisk -dp dp_disk -state RESET

nbdevconfig -changestate -stype PureDisk -dp dp_disk -state UP

And the state is still DOWN.

Filed Under

Comments

Nov

The below services must be

The below services must be started:

PostgreSQL Server

NetBackup Deduplication Engine

NetBackup Deduplication Manager

Mark_Solutions
Trusted Advisor
Accredited
Certified
Nov

Tell us a little more about

Tell us a little more about your system please - NBU versions/patch level, O/S, MSDP? / PureDisk? etc.

I see that it is half full so i guess it has been working .. what are your high and low water marks?

Also check that the queue processing has been running as if the queue fills up it won't work

Let is know what the system is and we can give the queueprocess checks commands

Authorised Symantec Consultant

Don't forget to "Mark as Solution" if someones advice has solved your issue - and please bring back the Thumbs Up!!.

jeppe_ols
Partner
Accredited
Nov

MS Windows 2008 R2 x64 NBU

MS Windows 2008 R2 x64 NBU 7.5.0.4 MSDP

I have verified that services are running but the NetBackup Deduplication Engine service goes to "starting" then stops after a couple of minutes.

Nov

try to run "C:\Program

try to run "C:\Program Files\Veritas\pdde\spoold.exe" --start from command prompt (run as admin).

Nov

This could be many

This could be many reasons:

1) Check if any spoold.exe is left hanging in task manager, if so taskkill them and try to start your dedup engine again.

2) Check your application event log for any error about Antivirus that might scan and remove files from your deduplicaton pool. Exclude dedup storage path from your Antivirus.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH129606

3) Worst case, log a support case and provide your spoold log to find out what was wrong with files in the dedup storage - which might cause spoold to stop.

Feb

I am having a similar issue.

I am having a similar issue. It's happened twice now and it correpsonds with scheduled queue processing. Kicks off at 6:30 PM on Friday and all of the jobs that started at the same time also died with a 2074 - disk volume is down.
Windows 2008 R2 SP1 7.5.0.4 Media server with MSDP.

I don't have a ticket open on it yet, too busy fighting tickets for RMAN and deduplication.

Mark_Solutions
Trusted Advisor
Accredited
Certified
Feb

D Thomas - you should open

D Thomas - you should open your own thread for your issue (when you get chance)

Sounds like a memory issue if it all falls over when queue processing kicks in - and if it fails to work 3 times it will just put the storage down for good until you get everything working ... which normally needs a reboot and then maually running a queue processing

Don't forget to "Mark as Solution" if someones advice has solved your issue - and please bring back the Thumbs Up!!.

Feb

There is loads of free memory

There is loads of free memory in the box - over 16GB. Is there some internal memory limit in Netbackup?

Feb

I opened a new thread for

I opened a new thread for this.

Mark_Solutions
Trusted Advisor
Accredited
Certified
Feb

16GB may sound a lot but bear

16GB may sound a lot but bear in mind that the NetBackup Appliances (N5220) now come with 92GB of RAM with 32TB of storage

Reccomendation is 4GB or RAM for the frist 4TB of storage and then an additional GB RAM per TB of Stoarge after that.

So 16GB gives you a maximum of 16TB of storage.

Having said that I have seen a unit with 32 GB RAM fall over when queue processing kicks in - lots of internal stuff at play - and then there is VMWare and Accelerator backups - if you are doing either of those when queue processing kicks in you may have issues

Please open a new thread if you want us to dig further for you