DLO and maintenance servers
I'm using Desktop and laptop Options on backup exec 2010 R3.
Our company is divided in two different buildings (lets call them site 1 and site 2) with an EMC storage on each.
For the moment, all our DLO users (about 50) are backing up their datas on site 1. The backup exec server is on this site as well.
I'd like to create two separated storage, one on site 1, and one on site 2, in order to lower the impact of the DLO on my inter-site link.
I read in the Backup Exec documentation that a maintenance server is needed if you use delta file transfer.
So, I did the following for test:
- created a virtual machine on site 2
- installed the maintenance server on it
- imported the new maintenance server in the DLO console
- created a new storage location on site 2's storage and associated it to the new maintenance server
- moved the datas of a test user on the new location
As I was not really sure of the whole procedure, I skipped the Active directory delegation step but the agent seems to copy the datas of my test user whithout any problem on the new location.
- How can i check that my new maintenance server is working fine and that it's used by the agent for delta file transfer?
- What sytem requirements (processor, OS, etc...) would you advise for a maintenance server?
Thanks in advance for your answers.