Video Screencast Help

DLOAdminSvcu Error 50030 though DLO is not installed

Created: 03 Jun 2011 • Updated: 13 Jun 2011 | 5 comments
B.Louie's picture

Hi,

I'm running Windows Server Enterprise Edition 2008 SP2 with Backup Exec 12. I keep running into this DLO error even though I do not have DLO installed and the file 'BE_DLO.df' does not exist. The DLO service does not start, and is running uner the local system admin. I checked the registry key entry "Hkey_Local_machine|Software|Symantec|Dlo|3.0|Admin Service|Data Path" is blank. I'd rather not run a reinstall or a repair of BE if possible.

Log Name:      Application
Source:        DLOAdminSvcu
Date:          5/26/2011 3:47:22 PM
Event ID:      50030
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Server.X.internal
Description:
Database exception caught at line 460 of shadow\Server\consolesvc\consolesvc.cpp with error code 0x80040E14: ADODBError-_com_error: foundationerror=80040e14, comerr=80040e14, nativeerror=4294967295, conn=, query=, msg=IDispatch error #3092, src=Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server, desc=A file activation error occurred. The physical file name 'BE_DLO.mdf' may be incorrect. Diagnose and correct additional errors, and retry the operation..

Any help with this would be great.

Thanks,
B. Louie

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

Sush...'s picture

As the DLO services are present on the server it means at some point DLO was installed on the server though you have never used it. Now that you are not using it you can try to uninstall only the DLO option so that your core Backup Exec will be up and running as usual.

Please refer to this technote to uninstall DLO option

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH157714 : How to perform a silent uninstall of Backup Exec Desktop and Laptop Option (DLO) Agent via command line

NOTE: Before performing any uninstall procedure make sure you stop all Backup Exec services and SQL server service and keep a copy of the DATA folder at some different location (different drive or computer) so that we can recover Backup Exec incase if anything goes wrong. The default path for the DATA folder is C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Hope this piece of Information Helps you... and if it does then mark this response as Solution....!!!

B.Louie's picture

Thanks! I'll be trying this within the next couple of weeks. Will report back then.

B.Louie's picture

Hi Sush,

There were 2 issues 1)This command line entry did not work in Windows Server 2008. The format was not accepted by Server 2008. 2) I went to uninstall the option via the GUI and the Desktop Laptop Option was not selected (wich means the option is not installed, am I correct?)

How else can I resolve this error?

Thanks,

B Louie

wasnotselected.JPG
B.Louie's picture

I edited the command so that server 2008 would accept it "msiexec.exe /l*v c:\users\admin\uinstall.log {D2BE4C7A-DDB0-4A2F-B3DD-534A891E6255}" and recieved the error "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed."

onlyvalidfor.JPG
B.Louie's picture

Right before the 5105 error, the event log has this information log:

Log Name:      Application
Source:        MSSQL$BKUPEXEC
Date:          6/21/2011 5:23:00 PM
Event ID:      8128
Task Category: (2)
Level:         Information
Keywords:      Classic
User:          SYSTEM
Computer:      xxxx.xxx.internal
Description:
Using 'XPDLOShareu.dll' version '0003.01.338' to execute extended stored procedure 'sp_shadow_get_report_list'. This is an informational message only; no user action is required.

What is this event? I'm guessing this is causing the error.