Data Loss Prevention

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

DLP 11.5 SharePoint Scanner

• 1.  DLP 11.5 SharePoint Scanner

Posted Mar 30, 2012 10:53 AM

All,

We are trying to get the SharePoint 2007 scanner from DLP 11.5 working and we're running into problems. The .wsp installed correctly, but the logs indicate:

Failed to open content root hxxp://sharepoint2007.demo.com:80/SiteDirectory/dlptest, reason: The Symantec DLP solution for SharePoint is not found on hxxp://sharepoint2007.demo.com:80. Verify the installation of the required solution on the Web Front End.

We have verified the scanner is indeed installed by going to the website:

hxxp://sharepoint2007.demo.com/_vti_bin/sharepointConnector-symantec-dlp-11.5.asmx

This gives us the listing of services available as it should. As a testing measure we used DLP 11.1.2 with the associated SharePoint 2007 .wsp scanner file and the scan worked. We've noted in the previous versions the file one was to try to connect to for testing was:

hxxp://sharepoint2007.demo.com/_vti_bin/sharepointConnector.asmx

We're now wondering if this is a known bug with 11.5 and the SharePoint scanner? Is there a work around or a fix for this other than dropping back to 11.1.2?

Thank you,

Aaron

• 2.  RE: DLP 11.5 SharePoint Scanner

Posted Mar 30, 2012 11:45 AM

Sounds like a bug to me.  I don't have any of my customers on 11.5 yet, so can't say that I've seen that before, but I'd log a ticket with Symantec and drop back to 11.1.2, unless you're on 11.5 to use the Mobile Device detection features.

What you MIGHT want to try if you don't want to reinstall everything is running an 11.1.2 Discover server, but keeping the rest of the platform on 11.5.  Might work for the time being until a fix is found for your issue. 

~Keith

• 3.  RE: DLP 11.5 SharePoint Scanner

Posted Mar 30, 2012 01:24 PM

Was this an upgrade from DLP 11.X to 11.5?  I ran into this at a client where we performed an upgrade, some of th .DLLs didn't upgrade correctly and had to uninstall/reinstall the discover server.  Basically do a fresh install of the upgraded server.

I don't remember the support ticket I worked under or I would let you reference that.

• 4.  RE: DLP 11.5 SharePoint Scanner
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 30, 2012 02:30 PM

Hi,

We have faced this issue earlier at one of the customer's end wherein few of the files were missing and we were getting exactly the same error message

Missing files are following below (This can't be same at your end, may verify but you can try the below steps to resolve the issue)

The following three files are not properly updated during the upgrade to 11.5:

\Vontu\Protect\lib\jar\es_common.jar
    \Vontu\Protect\lib\jar\es_ecispi.jar
    \Vontu\Protect\lib\jar\es_sharepointom.jar

Solution:

Perform one of the following to steps to allow the scans to work properly:

1) Uninstall and reinstall DLP 11.5 fresh on the Discover server.

2)  Replace the JAR files mentioned above from another freshly installed server or with the attached files which are platform-independent (this option is ideal for a single-tier Enforce server).

I guess the first step should resolve your issue, hope for the best

• 5.  RE: DLP 11.5 SharePoint Scanner

Posted Mar 30, 2012 03:46 PM

This is actually a fresh install on brand new hardware.

• 6.  RE: DLP 11.5 SharePoint Scanner

Posted Mar 30, 2012 03:47 PM

Yeah, I wish that were the case for us, but this is a fresh install from the ground up.

Aaron

• 7.  RE: DLP 11.5 SharePoint Scanner

Posted Mar 31, 2012 02:31 AM

Hi,

Can you please Uninstall and reinstall DLP 11.5 fresh on the Discover server again (Detection server only)

• 8.  RE: DLP 11.5 SharePoint Scanner

Posted Apr 02, 2012 09:49 AM

Well, for reasons beyond me, reinstalling the Discover system worked in our Lab. I'm going to try with the customer this week and see what happens. Thanks for the help, Syed. I don't know why this worked, but it did.

Aaron

• 9.  RE: DLP 11.5 SharePoint Scanner

Posted Apr 02, 2012 12:14 PM

Hi,

I'm glad the issue got resolved :) hope it also works at customer's environment.

• 10.  RE: DLP 11.5 SharePoint Scanner

Posted Apr 02, 2012 03:51 PM

Those are the same files that didn't get updated during an upgrade from 11.1 to 11.5 for us, had to reinstall as well.

Seems like this might be a bigger issue?  need to esclate to support?

• 11.  RE: DLP 11.5 SharePoint Scanner

Posted Apr 02, 2012 04:06 PM

We just tried it and it appears to have worked. They had some other issues, but nothing we couldn't get going with the right software versions. :)

Thanks again,

Aaron

• 12.  RE: DLP 11.5 SharePoint Scanner

Posted Apr 04, 2012 05:14 AM

I have a two tier architecture for DLP Endpoint prevent, I am looking for a similar setup in my DR Site, is this possible?. I am using DLP 11.1.1