Data Loss Prevention

View Only
  • 1.  DLP 12.5 Test Environment setup

Posted Apr 21, 2015 01:40 PM

I need to setup a test enivronment for our DLP Policy testing. What exactly is needed in order to have a functional test environment where can test the various features including endpoint monitoring. We are short on time and I do not see mention of test environment setup within  the admin guide. Of course they want to start testing within the next week, so I am in a bit of a time cruch to get this up aan running.

• 2.  RE: DLP 12.5 Test Environment setup

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Apr 21, 2015 01:54 PM

If you already have the DLP system stetup. I would just spin up andother detection server and create a TEST policy group that ONLY applies to that 1 detection server. You can then test all of the polices as you would like.

You can then configure that TEST server to be ALL types of DLP servers by selecting the Server Settings button and editting the "BoxMonitor.Channels" to be the following "Endpoint,Discover, Inline SMTP, ICAP, Packet Capture, Copy Rule"

This will make it a 'Do ALL' server for testing. Make sure to restart the services on that server to take the new setting.

Otherwise you can build a NEW DLP environment for testing.

Good Luck

Ronak

If this answers your questions please marked solved.

• 3.  RE: DLP 12.5 Test Environment setup

Posted Apr 21, 2015 08:58 PM

If you want to build a test environment in DLD 12.5.X you can setup a single tier install that will allow you to enable all of the detection technologies.  Then you will be all set to test all areas 

Also you can expot a policy that was created in Test and then import it back into production

• 4.  RE: DLP 12.5 Test Environment setup

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Apr 29, 2015 04:12 AM

hello,

As jjesse said, i think the best way is to build a dediacted test system (could be installed on a VM) in standalone mode (everything deployed on same server). Then you also need a workstation (or a VM to mimic a workstation) with an agent deployed and plug on your test endpoint server.

So like that you could use :

- "drop" directory to test Network detection servers

- endpoint monitoring/prevent

- discover on some specific directory you will create on your test system.

This will allow you to do some functional testing but of course not performance testing.

Regards.