Data Loss Prevention

View Only
  • 1.  DLP 14.0.2 Tablespace Information

Posted Jun 10, 2016 04:17 AM

Hello,

I've a question about the tablespace information panel on the Enforce UI. Our LOB tablespace got full so we had to delete a lot of incidents. After the deletion (wait 1 day, 1 day later we restarted DLP and Oracle services) the LOB tablespace still in full state, so it looks like the Enforce UI shows false information about the tablespace status. Can we force somehow the database to refresh size informations about the tablespaces? The "Update full report" from the Enforce does not solve the issue. I'm understand that .dbf files are not getting smaller after deletion but the tablespace free space information should be decreased.

Thanks,

Laszlo

• 2.  RE: DLP 14.0.2 Tablespace Information

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jun 13, 2016 02:22 AM

hello,

This is not a DLP issue but an oracle feature. Oracle tablespace does not release space they have already used (at least in statistics).

It means this space is available to add new entries in the table using this tablespace, but the space is not released byu tablespace (there is a sql

command which force tablespace to release it but i dont rememebr it, you may ask a database administrator).

Regards.

• 3.  RE: DLP 14.0.2 Tablespace Information

Posted Jun 13, 2016 05:41 AM

Thanks Stephane,

In this case I don't understand the point in the tablespace information Enforce UI, because it do not shows real information about the current database usage...

regards,

Laszlo