View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

DLP console displays 404 error

Migration User

Migration UserMar 15, 2012 03:51 AM

• 1.  DLP console displays 404 error

Posted Mar 15, 2012 02:52 AM

Hi,

I have installed DLP 11.1 , when I try to open the console on IE/Firefox, I receive 404 error.

• 2.  RE: DLP console displays 404 error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 15, 2012 03:35 AM

are the vontu and oracle services started?

• 3.  RE: DLP console displays 404 error

Posted Mar 15, 2012 03:51 AM

Hi,

What services needs to be started?

Shelly

• 4.  RE: DLP console displays 404 error

Posted Mar 15, 2012 06:05 AM

Hi Sheldon,

First restart all the orcale services and then follow the below steps to stop/start the services in sequential order.

As a Second step please Restart the Enforce server services in the following order:

Stop the Manager Vontu Services:
    1. Vontu Monitor Controller (if applicable)
    2. Vontu Incident Persister
    3. Vontu Manager
    4. Vontu Notifier
    5. Vontu Update (if necessary)

then start the Manager Vontu Services:
    1. Vontu Notifier
    2. Vontu Manager
    3. Vontu Incident Persister
    4. Vontu Monitor Controller (if applicable)
    5. Vontu Update (if necessary)

• 5.  RE: DLP console displays 404 error

Posted Mar 15, 2012 06:27 AM

Hi,

Appreciate your reply. The Vontu services are in running mode, one of the Oracle service is not running i.e.OracleDBConsoleprotect. When tried to restart it throws error

"The OracleDBConsoleprotect service terminated with service-specific error The system cannot find the file specified.."

Shelly 

• 6.  RE: DLP console displays 404 error

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Mar 15, 2012 06:29 AM

Hi

i used to receive 404 error when enforce services cannot connect to database.

Enforce services are : Vontu Manager, Vontu Monitor Controller, Vontu Incident persister, Vontu Notifier, Vontu Update.

• 7.  RE: DLP console displays 404 error

Posted Mar 15, 2012 09:01 AM
    The Oracle DB Console isn't really required for operation of the database...it's just the service that allows you to run Oracle Enterprise Manager. That said, it certainly seems like a database issue. I'd suspect you'll see this reflected in the Tomcat log. Check that your TNS Listener is up, and if so, test a login with the database user to the db via SQL Plus. ~Keith

• 8.  RE: DLP console displays 404 error

Posted Mar 15, 2012 09:21 AM

Hi,

I'm newbie, can you tell which log within tomcat log should be checked?

And any steps for checking the connectivity using the SQL plus ?

• 9.  RE: DLP console displays 404 error

Posted Mar 15, 2012 09:33 AM

Is Oracle on the same box or different box?

Can you open up SQL Plus, either through the start menu or through the command line (command line sqlplus /nolog).  

Then try to connect to your protect database using the protect account (connect protect@protect) and use the password you setup fro the protect user?

On the server your Oracle install is on what Oracle services do you have running?

• 10.  RE: DLP console displays 404 error

Posted Mar 15, 2012 09:55 AM

Hi,

Yeap, the oracle is on same box. It's a test environment. I will test the connectivity on SQL Plus and reply on this thread about the outcome.

Shelly

• 11.  RE: DLP console displays 404 error

Posted Mar 15, 2012 10:00 AM
    I'd suggest that a thorough read through of the installation manual and a review of the system admin guide is in order here. It's been correctly mentioned on this forum before that installation/configuration/management of the Symantec DLP system isn't something you can just walk into and expect to get right away. Also, you'd probably want to consider some actual training from Symantec on the product, whether it be online or live classroom instruction. ~Keith

• 12.  RE: DLP console displays 404 error

Posted Mar 15, 2012 11:23 AM

Hi

first check and confirm whether your Enforce Server is running or not since this error 404 comes when specifice web services is not exist or down.

If it is down then restart the all servers related to DLP .

Kishorilal

• 13.  RE: DLP console displays 404 error

Posted Mar 16, 2012 01:49 AM

Hello,

I did test Db connectivity, th etest was successful. The box have been rebooted, services are running as stated earlier.

Shelly

• 14.  RE: DLP console displays 404 error

Posted Mar 16, 2012 03:45 AM

Hi Sheldon,

Check whether your tomcat logs includes the following:

"exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class"

-----Vishvajit

• 15.  RE: DLP console displays 404 error

Posted Mar 16, 2012 06:30 AM

Hi Vishvajit,

I browsed to the path \Vontu\Protect\logs\tomcat and did check the latest localhost_access log and it showed

'"GET /ProtectManager/Navigate.do?menuID=default&logoff HTTP/1.1" 404 952 "-" '

and

'Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'infrastructure.waitDB' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/infrastructure-objects-spring.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate bean class [com.vontu.manager.init.WaitDBInit]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.Exception: Database is not accepting connections, or bad Model.properties file.'

Shelly

• 16.  RE: DLP console displays 404 error

Posted Mar 16, 2012 08:33 AM

Hi Sheldon,

Confirm you Enforce server hostname in jdbc.properties file. ensure the hostname is correctly mentioned in this file.

You can get this file in below path:

\Vontu\Protect\config\jdbc.properties

jdbc.dbalias.oracle-thin=@(description=(address=(host=(actual hostname)(protocol=tcp)(port=1521))(connect_data=(sid=protect))

If changes are made to the above file, restart the VontuManager service on the Enforce server.

-------Vishvajit

• 17.  RE: DLP console displays 404 error

Posted Mar 16, 2012 08:58 AM

Hi,

Yes the hostname of the enforcer is present on the field.

Shelly

• 18.  RE: DLP console displays 404 error

Posted Mar 16, 2012 10:05 AM

Hi Sheldon,

try the below three solution, I hope it will resolve the issue.

1)This error indicates the Oracle database is in a degraded or failed state and is no longer accepting new connections. Please have the Oracle DBA investigate the health of the database and resolve any issues found, particularly in the alert log. Once the database issues are resolved, restart the DLP Enforce services to ensure there is a good connection to the database.

2)If this is a new installation, install the Red Hat package "apr-util" and restart the Enforce services.If this is an upgrade, ensure the Red Hat package "apr-util" is installed and run the post-upgrade script as described in step 10 on page 51 of the DLP v11 Linux Upgrade Guide.Note that similar errors can appear after an upgrade to v11.1 from 11.0. In this case, the error can indicate missing symlinks for existing DLP libraries. The upgrade script creates those symlinks.

3)This condition is caused by running the 32-bit version of DLP on a 64-bit Linux system, which is not supported. During the upgrade to v11.1, 64-bit versions of many binaries and libraries overwrite the 32-bit versions and corrupt the installation. To resolve this issue, perform the following steps:

1. Backup the Vontu directories.
    2. Uninstall the Enforce software.
    3. Reinstall Enforce using the 64-bit installer, choosing to NOT initialize the database.
    4. Restore any custom configuration or index files.

• 19.  RE: DLP console displays 404 error

Posted Mar 19, 2012 03:46 AM

Hi,

Oracle DBA confirmed the DB is in healthy status.

It is on Windows Operatin System.

We have finally decided to re install the software.

Thanks All for the help and suggestion.

Shelly

• 20.  RE: DLP console displays 404 error

Posted Mar 19, 2012 11:36 AM

Hi Sheldon,

From which machine you tried to access DLP console.is Enforce or your machine in DMZ /

are they in LAN connected.

Bcoz above error most probably comes when ther is issue withOracle DB or Problem with Enforce Vontu services.

Please check once again.

Regards

Kishorilal

• 21.  RE: DLP console displays 404 error

Posted Mar 20, 2012 01:45 AM

Hi,

It was the enforcer machine IE and firefox browser, I attempted to access the console. Anyways the team hs rebuilt the DLP application and we can access the console now :-).

Shelly