Data Loss Prevention

View Only
  • 1.  [DLP] Office 365 and DLP Network Prevent for Email

Posted Oct 29, 2013 04:24 PM

Hello everyone!

I'm working on a DLP solution for a company. I'm having the scenario of using Office365 cloud service as e-mail server. How can i manage to protect this type of server with DLP Solution?

Thoughts and ideas?

Thanks everyone :)

• 2.  RE: [DLP] Office 365 and DLP Network Prevent for Email

Posted Oct 29, 2013 04:33 PM

harold,

take a look here, i also have how to setup a connection like a email gateway further down.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/office-365-cloud-and-network-prevent-email

• 3.  RE: [DLP] Office 365 and DLP Network Prevent for Email

Posted Oct 30, 2013 07:30 AM

Something to consider...

If your customer has Office 365 Enterprise E3 or higher then DLP is already built in and available for Exchange and Outlook (more apps will be DLP-aware in the next release).

If you're planning to use the DLP feature built into O365 or Exchange 2013+, I will point out that the "out of box" DLP Policies which are included with Exchange are very basic in most cases.  As an example, the HIPAA policy does not detect all elements required for HIPAA compliance.

If you go this route, I suggest looking at the DLP Polices from Nucleuz which can be dropped into Exchange for a near turn-key solution.  The benefit with this combination boils down to cost savings since the DLP infrastructure & management is already available from Exchange, and you only need to obtain premium DLP Policies.

Hope that helps.

• 4.  RE: [DLP] Office 365 and DLP Network Prevent for Email

Posted Oct 30, 2013 08:52 AM

You would need to utilize the Web Prevent, not email prevent solution.  You'll also need to break the SSL connection between client and web-server to see the traffic.  Then create policy based on what the customer is interested in protecting.