Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

DLP V11.6 and Exchange scannning.

Created: 22 Oct 2012 • Updated: 05 Nov 2012 | 3 comments
DLP Solutions2's picture
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Has anyone gotten V11.6 to work when scanning Exchange 2010, through the UI.

We are getting errors "The Exchange Autodiscover service is not available. Make sure you are using HTTPS connections". Any idea on how to resolve this? Which Autodiscover settings is this referring to, comands would be helpful to run on exchange.

Also when we are not trying to scan all of the users (just public) we are getting errors around the username, but we have validate all of this is right.

we have the Directory Server URL as "ldaps://ldapserver.corp.company.com:636"

Thanks in advance.

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

DLP Solutions2's picture

This is using the v11.6 Native scanning, no need for a cralwer now.

Please make sure to mark this as a solution

to your problem, when possible.

DLP Solutions2's picture

In case someone was looking for the solution to the problem. I figured this out on my own..

I submitted a request for a KB article on this..

Applies To

Network Discover 11.6

Problem Summary

When configuring the Exchange Scanner in V11.6  to connect to a Directory Server configured with LDAPS (ldaps://dc.domain.com:636) they get errors on connection to the LDAPS server or invalid username.

Error Being seen in the UI:

The Exchange Autodiscover service is not available. Make sure you are using HTTPS connections. If the problem persists, see your Exchange Server admin.

Or

Cannot connect to Directory Server ldaps://dc.domain.com:636 using username {1}.

Solution

Option 1: Modify the Advanced server setting on the Discover Server to false:

Discover.Exchange.UseSecureHttpConnections = false (default is true)

Option 2:

Change the Directory Server URL without using SSL connection to LDAP and the non-secured port.

ldap://dc.domain.com:389

Please make sure to mark this as a solution

to your problem, when possible.

SOLUTION