Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Do I need BESR 2010 server edition or desktop is fine?

Created: 05 Apr 2010 | 2 comments

Hi

I am currently using BESR 6.5 desktop edition to backup my small network, I need to upgrade to BESR 2010 (I have one W7 laptop)
I have one w2k3 server, of which I am currently creating image with BESR 6.5 desktop edition. Can I still create image of this server with BESR 2010 desktop or I need to purchase the server edition. All I do is create base recovery point once a week of the whole drive and then incremental recovery points rest of the days. I do the same with my 8 XP PCs.

Thank you

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

Markus Koestler's picture

BESR 2010 detects automatically the type of OS it is running on and installs the appropriate componentens. So you can still use the "desktop" edition.

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s) ***

│•x•so fab•x•│'s picture

BESR 2010 Server Edition have two license keys,  one for a Server and one for a Desktop, so if you will purchase a Server Edition, though you need a license for a Desktop, it will still work, you just need to have the correct license key for activation.

But then again, I advise you to contact our Enterprise  Sales Team ( 1-800-745-6054 opt 3 ) so that they can provide you further information on what would be the best edition of BESR 2010 you may use.

Hope this will help..Ü

Cheers!!Ü
   -- Licensing and Serialization Department --