Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Do we have a NB client that supports Mac OS version 10.7.5 ?????????

Created: 19 Nov 2012 • Updated: 05 Dec 2012 | 4 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Accoding this latest updated technote:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH76648

We have only high1 MAC os version 10.7 that is supported by netbackup.

Could help me on this ASAP.

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

RamNagalla's picture

hi

10.7.5 is the  suplemental update for 10.7 , it when netbackup say 10.7 it do support 10.7.X i believe.

SOLUTION
CRZ's picture

Nagalla is correct!

NetBackup (tm) 7.x Operating System Compatibility List (Updated September 21, 2012)
 http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH76648

Mac OS X 10.7 is supported from version 7.1.0.3 onward (page 9), and all Mac OS X 10.7.x are included under that support.

bit.ly/76LBN | APPLBN | 75LBN

Bharath Achar's picture

I have  MAC client with os verion 10.7.5 and 7.1 installed on it.

As per the compatability list minimum netbackup lavel is 7.1.0.3 but backup is working fine on 10.7.5 with 7.1 installed on it.

Can some one tell me is there any bug for using 7.1 on 10.7.5.

If so what is that bug that is being repaired on 7.1.0.3 ?????

Regards,

Bharath

Marianne's picture

Support for Mac OS X 10.7 was introduced with 7.1.0.3. 
Backups may be working, but have you tested restores? Small amounts of test-data is not sufficient testing.

Please bear in mind that if you should encounter issues with backups or restores, you cannot expect support from Symantec.

There are normally good reasons for Support Matrix.
I prefer to stick with supported OS and NBU combinations only - things just work better that way plus you are guaranteed of support should you run into issues.

Supporting Storage Foundation and VCS on Unix and Windows as well as NetBackup on Unix and Windows
Handy NBU Links