Workflow Soluiton

View Only
  • 1.  Does anyone know why the Workflow Designer freezes and uses 100% CPU Time sometimes when you search for Components?

Posted Feb 27, 2013 01:06 PM

Dear All,

I have just been working for about half a day on a Project (sadly, I think, without saving) and then when I wanted to find a Component, I started typing "Com" in the search box. Then the application just freezes. Looking at the Task Manager, I see that LogicBase.ToolCore.exe is using 100% of CPU time.

Does anyone know why this does it and if this will be fixed??? I have seen this happen in WF 7.1 SP1, SP2 and WF 7.5 (ServiceDesk Edition).

Sadly for me now, I think that I am going to have to kill the application and restart (which means I have lost lots of work)!

Kindest regards,

QuietLeni

• 2.  RE: Does anyone know why the Workflow Designer freezes and uses 100% CPU Time sometimes when you search for Components?

Posted Feb 27, 2013 01:38 PM

While this doesn't help you now... one thing I find that helps matters is to unload libraries you don't use/need from your projects (like the SMP generated libs for ASDK, Task, and Resource).

I'll investigate this more to see what the issue might be.

• 3.  RE: Does anyone know why the Workflow Designer freezes and uses 100% CPU Time sometimes when you search for Components?

Posted Feb 27, 2013 02:39 PM

Thanks reecardo.

It seems to happen once in a while (enough to forget to press save before searching). I remember once having it continuously. At that time, I just thought I was doing someting wrong, but it can't just be me.

Is anyone else getting this?

• 4.  RE: Does anyone know why the Workflow Designer freezes and uses 100% CPU Time sometimes when you search for Components?

Posted Feb 28, 2013 04:33 PM

I get this from time to time as well. I'm a frequent saver after having learned my lesson. 

You can get around it by collapsing all of your component folders when searching. Somebody mentioned this before and I haven't had it freeze on me since I started searchnig this way.

• 5.  RE: Does anyone know why the Workflow Designer freezes and uses 100% CPU Time sometimes when you search for Components?

Posted Mar 01, 2013 09:27 AM

b3tts32,

Great (in some ways) - at least I know not what to do and there is something else to help reecardo find what the problem is! I know to save more often (as I have been).

Kindest regards,

QuietLeni

• 6.  RE: Does anyone know why the Workflow Designer freezes and uses 100% CPU Time sometimes when you search for Components?

Posted Mar 01, 2013 11:43 AM

This has happened to me quite a few times (WF 7.1 SP2) where my project completely locks up after typing a few characters into the component search box.

When I looked for a solution to this issue, I discovered that a few other users were having the same or similar problems. Ever since I started using the workaround Rob Moore suggested a few months ago in this related post, I have not had any problems with it freezing. Here are some more details about my experience with this issue:

Background/Symptoms:

• Logged in over RDP and project has not been saved in awhile
    • The component toolbox tree has one or more nodes expanded and/or the project has not been saved prior to performing the search
    • Begin typing a few characters in the component search box and the project freezes

Workaround:

• Collapse every branch of the component toolbox tree before typing in the search box
    • Save more frequently!

Possible Prevention?