Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Does SEP support Microsoft SharePoint Workspace 2010?

Created: 14 Jan 2011 | 2 comments

Hey all,

There is an option in the MS SharePoint Workspace 2010 client for "scan incoming and outgoing files for viruses".  When I select this option (I am using the SEP RU5 client - managed), I get an error stating:

"SharePoint Workspace is unable to provide additional virus scanning because no providers are installed.  Please ensure that real-time scanning is enabled on this computer for adequate protection.  For more information, see online help."

The help docs (for SharePoint Workspace) state:

"The virus scanning feature is supported if you are running Norton Antivirus Personal Edition 2002 or higher.  Other anti-virus software applications may also support this feature, but have not yet been tested.  Note: The virus scanning feature is not supported if you are running Norton AV Corporate Edition"

Thoughts?

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

.Brian's picture

It sounds like it is not supported. If it was, I would assume it wouldn't say that an AV wasn't installed.

You may want to call support to get the final verdict though.

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

kraigd's picture

Thanks Brian, I will open up a support call and post back with there response...