Video Screencast Help

Don't work process manager service desk 7.5 MP1 after changed IP address SQL.

Created: 26 Aug 2013 • Updated: 26 Aug 2013 | 7 comments

Hi, Symantec

Don't work process manager service desk 7.5 MP1 after changed IP address SQL.

Operating Systems:

Comments 7 CommentsJump to latest comment

reecardo's picture

It looks like your database connectivity is messed up with the IP change.

Depending on what version of WF/SD you're on, the connection string may/may not be encrypted. Open up the web.config for ProcessManager and search for the previous IP... then replace with the current IP if the connection string instance is not encrypted.

If it is encrypted, you can use the command line utility to write the new connection string ginstance. The syntax is:

lbutil.exe -updatepmconnection -connectionstring "<mynewconnectionstring>"

NOTE: I would backu up the current web.config you have before making any changes.

Olga Kachalova's picture

reecardo, hi

I opened the web.config for ProcessManager and I didnt found the previous IP address.When I used command line system write "lbutil.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file". 
 

 

reecardo's picture

Lbutil lives in <install>/Designer/bin... so you'll probably have to specify the entire path in a DOS command prompt:

C:\Program Files\Symantec\Workflow\Designer\bin\lbutil.exe (this is the default install path, may be different in your system)

Also, it'd be helpful if you contruct a WORKING conn. string to the DB before executing this command. That way you can just copy/paste into the DOS prompt.

Olga Kachalova's picture

 

reecardo, Hi

We used a command "lbutil.exe -updatepmconnection -connectionstring "<mynewconnectionstring" and after that Process manager started to work, but TechnicianIncidentForms does not work. In the Log errors appear: Resulting exception from execution
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)
reecardo's picture

Check the SD profile values in ProcessManager. The old IP values might be present in a connection string.

toomas's picture

Just running the tool is not sufficient for changing references to SQL Server in all the necessary places.

The correct way to fix this is to just run the Workflow installer again.

Note: Only Workflow installer, not ServiceDesk one.

reecardo's picture

Rerunning the WF installer would definitely be quicker here assuming yuou still have access to the installer.