Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

DOS error sys0006 ocurred trying to load "A:\Net\Net.exe" --> message

• 1.  DOS error sys0006 ocurred trying to load "A:\Net\Net.exe" --> message

Posted Dec 11, 2007 10:33 AM
    Hi there,

I am using GSS 2.0. I am booting all machines via PXE they work fine except for Models Dell GX270,260 and Optiplex 755. They get the following error message before they get image.

DOS error sys0006 ocurred trying to load "A:\Net\Net.exe"
    The REQUESTER service is not started
    Is it OK to start it? (Y/N) [Y]:

I have updated the DOS driver, edited the Autoexec.bat by moving the \NET\NET START in different places but negative. I also added EMM386 but no luck.

If anyone has any suggestion, I will really, really appreciated.

Thanks
    Carlos :)

• 2.  RE: DOS error sys0006 ocurred trying to load "A:\Net\Net.exe" --> message

Posted Dec 11, 2007 05:10 PM
    Hi Carlos,

how do you boot your machine? is it from PXE or floppy/CD?
    I'm assuming that you are trying to use mapped network drive.
    (since you are using net.exe)
    in order to use mapped network drive, you need emm386 and himem.sys
    also do you use pc-dos or ms-dos?

regards,
    James Lee

• 3.  RE: DOS error sys0006 ocurred trying to load "A:\Net\Net.exe" --> message

Posted Dec 12, 2007 07:37 AM
    Hi James,

I boot all machines via PXE. And I am using PC Dos. Do you know where I can get EMM386 for PC Dos? Once I have EMM386 for PC Dos, can you tell me, if you know, what commands should I put in the Config.sys? If you have any other important information that I have to be aware, let me know.

Thank you

• 4.  RE: DOS error sys0006 ocurred trying to load "A:\Net\Net.exe" --> message

Posted Dec 12, 2007 05:40 PM
    Hi Carlos,

I double checked for pc-dos and it looks like only ms-dos requires emm386.exe if you want to use mapped network drive. sorry about confusion..
    can you try with ms-dos by any chance?

I also have a look at sys0006 and it might be caused by incorrect ndis2 driver.

I'll try to see whether I can reproduce this problem on one of our dell machine.
    thanks.

regards,
    James Lee

• 5.  RE: DOS error sys0006 ocurred trying to load "A:\Net\Net.exe" --> message

Posted Dec 13, 2007 09:19 AM
    James,

Thanks for your response. I did try the document of the link you sent me but negative.  I tried to use MS-DOS but no luck either. I do not know at this point. If you have any other suggestion, let me know.

thanks

• 6.  RE: DOS error sys0006 ocurred trying to load "A:\Net\Net.exe" --> message

Posted Dec 13, 2007 02:35 PM
    Hi James,

I fixed the issue. I just added the file NETBIND.COM (located in C:\Program Files\Symantec\Ghost\ndis) and edited the Autoexec.bat. I added this line, after @echo off, --> netbind.com.

After I did those steps, the error message dissapeared. Nice, very nice Carlitos way..

Thanks for your help :)

• 7.  RE: DOS error sys0006 ocurred trying to load "A:\Net\Net.exe" --> message

Posted Dec 13, 2007 04:50 PM
    Hi Calros,

first, good to hear that everything is working for you!! :)
    I thought netbind.com is not needed for pc-dos..
    maybe we need it.
    thanks for the info!!

regards,
    James Lee

• 8.  RE: DOS error sys0006 ocurred trying to load "A:\Net\Net.exe" --> message

Posted Dec 27, 2007 10:54 AM
    After Googling "SYS0006" I came across this thread. I was having the same problem with my Dell GX755s. I was able to get rid of this message by changing my SATA Drive operation in the BIOS from "Legacy" (which was the only way I could get my lousy Acronis Snap Deploy to recognize it) to "AHCI". After doing this, I stopped getting the error.

I have no idea why changing a hard drive controller's interface settings would influence loading the NIC drivers, but so long as it fixes my problem, I didn't care.

Hope this might help users out there with similar problems.

-Steve

• 9.  RE: DOS error sys0006 ocurred trying to load "A:\Net\Net.exe" --> message

Posted Dec 30, 2007 05:46 PM
    Hi Steve,

thanks for the info.
    Ghost also have problems with AHCI mode controllers so it is better to change it to Legacy mode.
    Some machines, it shares IRQ between disk controller and network controller.
    in this case, those can conflict with each other.
    maybe this is why it happens.

regards,
    James Lee

• 10.  RE: DOS error sys0006 ocurred trying to load "A:\Net\Net.exe" --> message

Posted Mar 18, 2008 03:07 PM
    If you are running CD boot combined with DHCP, immediately after binding protocol to network card, the requester service is starting and contacting DHCP server. After contacting DHCP, it receives an IP address and tries to write it on the CD... of course it can't.
    So, instead using DHCP in protocol.ini, try to use fixed ip address, in this case no information will be written on CDROM.
    Replace the section in red from protocol.ini file:

[NTS$NTST2]
    DefaultDomain=dag
    BOOTPFLAG=DHCP
    DriverName=ntsts$
    VCs=16
    VCReceiveLarge=6
    VCSends=6
    RcvWindow=2920
    UseMemory=UMB
    BINDINGS=NIC
    LANABASE=1
    with the following commands:

DNSAddress=[192.168.1.2] where 192.168.1.1 is your DNS server
    DefaultGateway=[192.168.1.253] where 192.168.1.3 is the ip address for your gateway
    SubNetMask=[255.255.255.0]
    IPaddress=[192.168.1.3] where 192.168.1.3 is the fixed addres that you want to asign to your PC at the boot moment

I solved in this way a boot problem for a "SIMATIC IL77" computer which did not have floppy, but CDROM. 

• 11.  RE: DOS error sys0006 ocurred trying to load "A:\Net\Net.exe" --> message

Posted Dec 16, 2008 12:14 PM

I need to load my HP Note Book, Model Elitebook 2530p with an image on the Server but unable to do so. I have created a Boot Floppy Disk to connect to the Server, but unable to get further than DOS Error SYS0006 ocurred trying to load A:\NET\NET.exe. I have downloaded the Intel 82567LM Driver from the Web Site, tried starting up with earlier Models Floppy Disks like the HP 2510p without any success. I think that the NB is unable to pick up an IP Address from the Server, because it happens so quickly before the error message ocourrs. Desperate.