Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Drivers for HP Storageworks 1760

Created: 16 Jan 2014 • Updated: 16 Jan 2014 | 4 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hello all,

I looked at the driver version for my tape drive and it says I have Symantec driver version 5.0.37.0 with a date of 12.02.2008 installed! Now I'm wondering if there are any newer drivers, because 2008 seems a little bit old to me.

I'm running Backup Exec 2010 R2 with SP1 and all the hotfixes (LiveUpdate says there are no new updates or fixes).

Is that normal? Can I download newer drivers anywhere (I lokked but didn't find anything)?

Thanks in advance

Malte

Operating Systems:

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

Sush...'s picture

Hello Malte,

Latest version of BE 2010 family is BE 2010 R3 with SP3.... this SP3 has the latest version of Drivers. You will not be able to download these drivers and user it for BE 2010 R2 as it comes with a package for specific version of BE.

My recommendation would be to upgrade to BE 2010 R3 with SP3.

EDIT: You may also refer to the following technote about upgrade

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH159557 : How to: Direct upgrade path from Backup Exec 11d/12.0/12.5/2010/2010 R2 for Windows Servers to Backup Exec 2010 R3

Regards,

-Sush...

Hope this piece of Information Helps you... and if it does then mark this response as Solution....!!!

SOLUTION
piratefish's picture

Hi Sush,

thanks for the reply! Do I need a new License for 2010 R3? Or to be more exact...does the upgrade to 2010 R3 cost me money or is it free?

I'm asking because I'm working on a budget here. ;-)

Thanks in advance

Malte

Sush...'s picture

Hello Malte,

No you will NOT require new licenses. Your BE 2010 R2 license will work for BE 2010 R3.

Regards,

-Sush...

Hope this piece of Information Helps you... and if it does then mark this response as Solution....!!!

piratefish's picture

That sounds great! Thanks for the quick help!

Regrads

Malte