Deployment Solution

View Only
  • 1.  DS 6.9 / PGP 10.2 not playing well together?

Posted Sep 30, 2011 09:50 AM

We use PGP WDE in our environment on all of our laptop devices.  When we image machines, we lay down a sysprepped Win7 SP1 image to the machine with no software included, then push the necessary software packages out to the machine after it's been imaged.  All imaging/software deployment is done via Deployment Server 6.9 SP5 MR1.

Until a few weeks ago, we've been deploying PGP Desktop 10.0.2.  The server has been upgraded for a few months so we just started rolling PGP 10.2.0 into the environment instead of 10.0.2 due to unrelated single sign-on issues.

Ever since we started rolling 10.2.0 out, we've noticed that after the PGP client is installed on the machine, the Deployment Server will successfully push a task to the machine and have it execute, but the next task scheduled to run never makes it down to the machine despite the console stating otherwise.  If I manually kill the dagent.exe process and restart the service, the machine runs that next task with no issues, but on the following task the same thing happens.

I can take the same machine and repeatedly push jobs to it without installing PGP and have no issues.  If I install PGP first, the problem happens with every job afterwards.  If I push PGP later in the process, all jobs after PGP fail with this issue.

Has anyone else seen this before?

• 2.  RE: DS 6.9 / PGP 10.2 not playing well together?

Posted Oct 20, 2011 03:37 PM

For what it's worth, Symantec has confirmed there is an issues with DS 6.x and PGP 10.2 and are working on a solution!

• 3.  RE: DS 6.9 / PGP 10.2 not playing well together?

Posted Oct 21, 2011 02:01 PM

As of right now, there is no solution for this.  Symantec is still working on it with the EARLIEST ETA of November, but they're not even sure about that.

Support has suggested I drop down to 10.1.2 SP3, though they're not sure if that version will solve my single sign-on issues.  Unfortunately, that means I need to decrypt/uninstall/reinstall the older version/re-encrypt.

If you use DS 6.x, I'd strongly advise you to stay away from PGP 10.2 for now!