Deployment and Imaging Group

View Only
  • 1.  DS 7.5 HEADS UP: Images may be deleted on Upgrade! TECH211692

Posted Oct 18, 2013 04:36 PM

The details are in the KB.  Please be aware of this.  We CAN NOT over-emphasize the need for a backup prior to upgrade.  To play it safe, copy yoru deployment share off-box prior to upgrade, or to a different drive or something.  It may also affect the copy file packages, but the biggest concern is images.

Bookmark that and watch.  We have this in Dev already and are working on it.  We'll update the KB as soon as we know.

• 2.  RE: DS 7.5 HEADS UP: Images may be deleted on Upgrade! TECH211692

Posted Oct 29, 2013 03:06 PM

In my environment, we had a drive mounted to the "Task Handler" folder.  It appeared that the mount was broken when the agent/plugins were updated.  The folders were there but had no files in them.  If the path to the "Task Handler" folder was removed and a drive letter was assigned to that directory, you could see the images again.

I am still battling with this upgrade, but so far I have started fresh with a new notification server and new task server, while using my existing database.  There is definitely something going on with the packages that is causing problems and I am still looking into it.  PXE images aren't making it over to the the boot server either, even after it was rebuilt.

• 3.  RE: DS 7.5 HEADS UP: Images may be deleted on Upgrade! TECH211692

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Nov 06, 2013 08:21 AM

Thanks for posting this, Thomas.  I came on the forums today to see if there were any big known issues prior to trying our upgrade.  I almost think this should be cross posted in the CMS forum to increase visibility? Maybe I'm the only one, but I check the CMS forum almost daily and the sub forums less so.

• 4.  RE: DS 7.5 HEADS UP: Images may be deleted on Upgrade! TECH211692

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Nov 18, 2013 09:49 AM

looks like this didn't make it into HF1 unless I'm missing it.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=DOC6860

• 5.  RE: DS 7.5 HEADS UP: Images may be deleted on Upgrade! TECH211692

Posted Nov 27, 2013 09:52 AM

We don't know what causes this and are getting less and less calls on it.  The best thing to do for ANY upgrade is to perform a backup first.  That ensures that anything that may happen during upgrade can be managed, including a backout if necessary.  Obviously, we'd hope any upgrade is flawless, but being safe is better.

• 6.  RE: DS 7.5 HEADS UP: Images may be deleted on Upgrade! TECH211692

Posted Jan 27, 2014 11:54 AM

On further investigation we foound the images were on the site server - it was the reference location in the NS that was the problem.

• 7.  RE: DS 7.5 HEADS UP: Images may be deleted on Upgrade! TECH211692

Posted Feb 05, 2014 03:22 PM

We had this issue, but lost all drivers as well.

Critical to have a good backup...