Deployment Solution

View Only
  • 1.  DS Remote Control not working - since upgrade to AClient 6.9.366 (X86)

Posted Mar 24, 2009 06:45 AM

Hi,

Apart from the logged on user not showing in the DS Console we've noticed that the 'DS Remote Control' feature isn't working anymore since upgrading our AClients to 6.9.366 (x86)! The client never sees the authorisation dialog pop-up anymore and the client doesn't even connect after the timeout value has been reached.

I appreciate that PCAnywhere and RDP are the prefered remote tools, but with RDP one can't interact with the logged user and PCAnywhere isn't wrapped up with Notification server 6.9 and I'm not moving to CMS 7 to save my life! Not at least until the migration horrors have been ironed out.

Unfortunaly we were forced to upgrade our AClients due to the SVS layers not pushing successfully to the clients since Symantec changed some registry values in the SVS client which in turn broke DS!

What is happening!? Things seem to be going backwards since the transition to Symantec!!!

Thanks all,

RL

• 2.  RE: DS Remote Control not working - since upgrade to AClient 6.9.366 (X86)

Posted Mar 24, 2009 07:46 AM
    I know you said you updated your AClients, however, did you upgrade your DS?  I think if you are running 6.9.366 on the AClients, your DS should be at 6.9 SP1, MP1.  If you haven't done this, this may be the reason that you are having a problem with the "correct logged on user" not showing up in the console.

As for the remote control issue.  This may also be an issue if your server version doesn't match the client version as close as possible.  I am running 6.9 SP1, MP1 and the AClient 6.9.366 and DS Remote Control works fine for me.

You might also check the Event logs on the target computer just to see if there aren't any warnings or errors that could shed some light on it.

• 3.  RE: DS Remote Control not working - since upgrade to AClient 6.9.366 (X86)

Posted Mar 24, 2009 09:40 AM
    bhawver is right, that definately seems like a mismatch between the server and client versions. Are you able to push jobs without any problems?

• 4.  RE: DS Remote Control not working - since upgrade to AClient 6.9.366 (X86)

Posted Mar 24, 2009 09:43 AM

Hi,

Yes I had updated the DS Server too. (6.9  Build 365, SP1)

There were no event logs on the server or the client which would help but through checking the server version I discovered we were under licensed by 1 license!

Not sure if this causes any issues but since removing some 'dead wood' from the system the DS Remote issues seems to have been resolved. The Logged on user issue still exists though.

I must admit that I restarted the Express services too.

Anyone know if there is a warning dialog/email for DS when the license count is at 90%, 100% etc?

Thanks,

• 5.  RE: DS Remote Control not working - since upgrade to AClient 6.9.366 (X86)

Posted Mar 24, 2009 09:45 AM
    DS itself has no capability to send e-mails but I believe if you have NS also and installed the web version of DS to integrate DS into NS you will get some notifications that relate to DS events.

• 6.  RE: DS Remote Control not working - since upgrade to AClient 6.9.366 (X86)

Posted Mar 26, 2009 04:11 PM
    I have the same issue. My clients that were reporting in would remote control, but since updating to MP1 I cannot remote any machine!  Something in the MP1 has broke my DS box. Is there a way to roll back the MP1 install and set it back to 6.9 SP1 again?

• 7.  RE: DS Remote Control not working - since upgrade to AClient 6.9.366 (X86)

Posted Mar 26, 2009 04:23 PM
    Have either of you checked to ensure that the firewall isn't blocking this in XP?

I am at AClient 6.9.366 and  DS 6.9 SP1, MP1 and do not have a problem using the DS remote control.  I did a netstat and found that it using port 5001 when I established a connection.  You might try temporarily opening that port in the Windows Firewall just to see if that fixes your issue.

• 8.  RE: DS Remote Control not working - since upgrade to AClient 6.9.366 (X86)

Posted Mar 26, 2009 04:36 PM
    Also when more than two people are logged onto the deployment server neither one can remote. If only one person is logged on then it works ok. Same problems...different day...

• 9.  RE: DS Remote Control not working - since upgrade to AClient 6.9.366 (X86)

Posted Mar 26, 2009 04:38 PM

Under the Gobal tab in the Options for the 32-bit Console you can also specify a primary and secondary port. You might want to do that and then make sure those ports are open. I actually have that option unchecked so that it grabs a random port. That seems to work best for most people.

• 10.  RE: DS Remote Control not working - since upgrade to AClient 6.9.366 (X86)

Posted Oct 05, 2009 08:06 PM
     Same problem here