Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Duplication fails with EC191

Created: 23 Apr 2013 | 6 comments

Hi All

we have master server at Solaris 10, NBU 7.5.0.4. Which is also working as media server.

When we are trying to run duplication for few media, which contain images of infinite retention, it fails with EC191.

How ever this is the forst time we are trying to duplicate these images or tapes and no other duplication is in progress.

Primary images are present on VTL of Quantum and duplicate copies will go on physical tapes.

but after showing some progress duplication fails with EC191.

logs are attached, please suggest.

Operating Systems:

Comments 6 CommentsJump to latest comment

Marianne's picture

Something wrong with your VTL media - error reading header block:

11:43:31 INF - host weabsunprd08 backup id usbur425.music.wmgis.com_1316348108 read failed, media read error (85)
04/24/2013 00:11:31 - Error bptm (pid=24241) read error on media id VQ0739, drive index 5, reading header block, I/O error
04/24/2013 00:11:34 - Info bptm (pid=24241) EXITING with status 85 <----------

See if you can run a verify on media id VQ0739.

Supporting Storage Foundation and VCS on Unix and Windows as well as NetBackup on Unix and Windows
Handy NBU Links

ChAmp35's picture

Please let me know what should be done to run verify on this media.

Marianne's picture

Use the GUI:
Catalog -> Actions -> Verify.

Supporting Storage Foundation and VCS on Unix and Windows as well as NetBackup on Unix and Windows
Handy NBU Links

ChAmp35's picture

Verified there..
we are able to see all the images on the tape and all seems up to mark there.

Deeps's picture

Run a Tape content report from Netbackup Reports on the source media. This will mount the media and read directly from the  media header.If this fails then its issue with source media.

ChAmp35's picture

Hi

I have tried the same and recieved "Media read error (Status 85)".

Please suggest on this , as we have to create a duplicate copy of images present on it.