Video Screencast Help

e000846b

Created: 31 Jul 2008 • Updated: 24 May 2010 | 2 comments

Upgraded a client to 12SP1 and continually get these errors.

Its a single server environement running on SBS 2003, so no remote agents installed or in use.

I followed the KB article and set Protocols to all and networks to all.

No luck.

Anyone have a fix for this?  Would love to have backup complete succesfully instead of "failed" based on a remote agent we are using.

I tried emailing support...but they don't allow them.  I called and waited for nearly 40 minutes and gave up as well.  Hello?  Anyone actually working at Symantec support?

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

Steve W.'s picture

What is the full error message?  Also what is the resource that it is failing on?

If this response answers your concern, please mark it as a "solution"

Soundz's picture

I have had my backup running without issue for months and all of a sudden I started getting the same error.

Job ended: Friday, October 10, 2008 at xx:xx:xx xM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000846b - The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent.
Make sure that the correct version of the Remote Agent is installed and running on the target computer.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33899

Backup- xxxxxx.xxxxxxx.local
V-79-57344-3844 - The media server was unable to connect to the Remote Agent on machine xxxxxx.xxxxxxx.local.
The media server will use the local agent to try to complete the operation.
Unable to attach to \\xxxxxx.xxxxxxx.local\System?State.
V-79-57344-33899 - The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent.

Note: Click 'Edit Selection List...' to display the View Selection Details tab of the job's selection list. Select the entry with the server that no longer exists and click Delete to remove it.

Edit Selection List...

Make sure that the correct version of the Remote Agent is installed and running on the target computer.