Deployment Solution

View Only
  • 1.  E6410 Laptops and WinPE dos drivers..

Posted May 11, 2010 11:04 AM
    Is anyone else having issues creating an image with the E6410's and WinPE? (System is Windows 7) I am not having any issues with the E6400's. I have installed the drivers into the WinPE drivers sections. I also did the same for the DeployAnywhere.  The issue tat i am getting once it goes into WinPE and the DOS screen pops up it states "Validating IP addrss....." then proceeds to "restart the DHCP client services: retry 1... " so on. Thank you up front for any ideas you all may have.

• 2.  RE: E6410 Laptops and WinPE dos drivers..
    Best Answer

Posted May 12, 2010 02:14 PM
    Guiedo,

I had the same problem.  To resolve I downloaded the driver package for the Intel82577LM from Intel's website and extracted the package per the "readme.txt" that is on the same page as the download.  By installing the Vista 32bit drivers in my WinPE bootdisk, I was able to obtain an IP address.

• 3.  RE: E6410 Laptops and WinPE dos drivers..

Posted May 12, 2010 02:22 PM
    gravesg,
    Thak you, i did not even think of using Vista drivers. I think i have every windows 7 nic driver installed now.

• 4.  RE: E6410 Laptops and WinPE dos drivers..

Posted May 12, 2010 07:25 PM
    I am able to get the Vista version of the drivers into the boot disk and PXE, but I had an issue after imaging a machine with XP, installing the dell nic driver for XP, I can not communicate with Altiris. Actually I cannot get a nic address at all. Any ideas?

• 5.  RE: E6410 Laptops and WinPE dos drivers..

Posted Jun 01, 2010 02:39 PM
    I had this issue last week. PXE would error E-61, Check cable. Cable was connected. Dell came out with new BIOS version on 5/24. Updated to A02 and PXE worked.

Still have issue where DS does not finish image job. The job actually finished, created image or deployed image, but according to the console it is still running.

• 6.  RE: E6410 Laptops and WinPE dos drivers..

Posted Jun 07, 2010 03:37 PM
    Can someone tell me how to install the Vista drivers into a PE disk?

• 7.  RE: E6410 Laptops and WinPE dos drivers..

Posted Jun 07, 2010 03:50 PM
    I am also having issues with the E6410.  The E6400 and other machines work fine.  On the E6410, I get to the Altiris DS Agent Service Screen where it says "Client Record Updated", shows the Computer Name (Dell ST), and IP Address.  But it just sits there.  I checked the DS Console and it has the following error -> "RDeploy: The operation was cancelled" with a Status Code of 2.  I have the NIC and Controller Drivers installed in the Boot Image as well as the DeployAnyWhere Datbase.  I also upgraded the BIOS to A03.  I do not see anything in the logs for RDEPLOY either.  Not sure where to go from here so any suggestions are appreciated.  Thanks!