Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

ED80002A Error Failed to open Parent recovery File Server 2003

Created: 20 Feb 2013 • Updated: 08 Apr 2013 | 6 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

I am missing one of the incremental files.  It is file Drive_20_i024.iv2i.  There are 41 files.  Is there any way to open any of the files between 25-41? I do not know where this file is.  I back up the files on an offsite drive and I cannot find it there either.  Is there any way to bridge this gap?

Operating Systems:

Comments 6 CommentsJump to latest comment

Markus Koestler's picture

Out of my experience: No. Start a new full backup immediatly, to get back on the safe side.

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s) ***

SOLUTION
Hartnett Smith's picture

A new recovery point was started on 2/1/2013, so I have a working backup.  But, I need a file from late December and those backup dates are in files 25 - 41.

You could open a support call and see if Symantec can do some kind of magic.

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s) ***

Any updates here ?

So please mark this post as solved then.