Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

ED80002A Error Failed to open Parent recovery File Server 2003

Created: 20 Feb 2013 • Updated: 08 Apr 2013 | 6 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

I am missing one of the incremental files.  It is file Drive_20_i024.iv2i.  There are 41 files.  Is there any way to open any of the files between 25-41? I do not know where this file is.  I back up the files on an offsite drive and I cannot find it there either.  Is there any way to bridge this gap?

Operating Systems:

Comments 6 CommentsJump to latest comment

Markus Koestler's picture

Out of my experience: No. Start a new full backup immediatly, to get back on the safe side.

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s) ***

SOLUTION
Hartnett Smith's picture

A new recovery point was started on 2/1/2013, so I have a working backup.  But, I need a file from late December and those backup dates are in files 25 - 41.

You could open a support call and see if Symantec can do some kind of magic.

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s) ***

Any updates here ?

So please mark this post as solved then.