Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Editing Image in Ghost Explorer causes Application Error 27074

Posted Mar 24, 2009 03:53 PM
    We are running Ghost 11.5 for Windows XP systems.  Whenever I try to edit an image using Ghost Explorer, I get the following error message  while imaging:

Application Error 27074
    Ghost has detected corruption in the image file.  Please perform integrity check on the image.

Abort: 27074, Corrupt ID header encountered

I have run an integrity check and the image passes the check.  I am able to access it without any problems from Ghost Explorer.

I have tried this on multiple images with the same result.

Any ideas of what is going on and how to fix it?

• 2.  RE: Editing Image in Ghost Explorer causes Application Error 27074

Posted Mar 24, 2009 04:58 PM
    John,

Have you applied all the updates for Ghost? If so, the version listed in the Ghost Explorer will display as 11.5.0.2165 (Help > About). There were some updates to the Ghost Explorer in that update, so definitely run LiveUpdate (Help > LiveUpdate) until it displays that version. After that, make  a copy of your image and then attempt again.

• 3.  RE: Editing Image in Ghost Explorer causes Application Error 27074

Posted Mar 25, 2009 07:39 PM

John,

Have you applied all the updates for Ghost? If so, the version listed in the Ghost Explorer will display as 11.5.0.2165 (Help > About). There were some updates to the Ghost Explorer in that update, so definitely run LiveUpdate (Help > LiveUpdate) until it displays that version. After that, make  a copy of your image and then attempt again.

I updated to 11.5.0.2165 as you instructed.  Now I get:

Usage Error 10027
    Unknown image format: code 1:later Ghost version required

We are running Ghost 8.3 Corporate Edition and Ghostcast Server 8.3.0.1331

• 4.  RE: Editing Image in Ghost Explorer causes Application Error 27074

Posted Mar 26, 2009 08:19 AM
    John,

It appears that the image is indeed corrupt if it will not open with the latest build of the Ghost Explorer. his could result in editing the image with an older version of Ghost Explorer than it was created with. I noticed in the first post you referred to using Ghost 11.5, and in the second you referred to Ghost 8.3. his could result from editing an 11.5 image with 8.3, since 8.3 was not capable of editing NFS images. In any event, the image you have is corrup and will need to be recreated.