File Share Encryption

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

encryption desktop 10.3.0MP3 does not mount pgp disks on OS X 10.10

dtich

dtichJul 26, 2014 06:37 PM

• 1.  encryption desktop 10.3.0MP3 does not mount pgp disks on OS X 10.10

Posted Jul 24, 2014 08:25 PM

this is the same issue as happened on 10.7.4 of mac os.

we need a fix right away to fix compatibility with yosemite (os x 10.10).

any information from engineering on when we can expect a fix?

PLEASE.

THANK YOU.

• 2.  RE: encryption desktop 10.3.0MP3 does not mount pgp disks on OS X 10.10

Posted Jul 24, 2014 08:46 PM

this is also the case on 10.3.2MP2 btw.

need a fix asap please.

• 3.  RE: encryption desktop 10.3.0MP3 does not mount pgp disks on OS X 10.10

Posted Jul 24, 2014 08:50 PM
      |   view attached

also throwing this error, see attach... (this is after a fresh install of latest vers. of pgp)

• 4.  RE: encryption desktop 10.3.0MP3 does not mount pgp disks on OS X 10.10

Posted Jul 26, 2014 06:37 PM

anybody else experiencing this?

• 5.  RE: encryption desktop 10.3.0MP3 does not mount pgp disks on OS X 10.10

Posted Jul 30, 2014 05:31 PM

can someone weigh in here? please.

thx

• 6.  RE: encryption desktop 10.3.0MP3 does not mount pgp disks on OS X 10.10

Posted Aug 04, 2014 01:06 PM

Hi Dtitch,

In regards to the pgpwde.kext error. It appears that the driver doesn't like something about OSX 10.10 being installed. It could have to do with the fact that we use two drivers now in the current version, one which is signed (which OSX 10.9 requires) and one that is not signed. It could be getting confused which one to use on this OSX 10.10 system. This could also be related to the problem with the virtual disk not mounting also.

We have been in discussion over forum messages. I will continue to work with you there.  If anyone else is encountering this problem, it might be helpful to get more information though as well.

• 7.  RE: encryption desktop 10.3.0MP3 does not mount pgp disks on OS X 10.10

Posted Aug 04, 2014 01:19 PM

Just to confirm, after the error, did you attempt to reinstall again over-the-top of the existing installation?  I have been seeing issues in OSX 10.9.3 and 10.9.4 where the pgpwde.kext for some reason fails to install the first time through, but on a second attempt it does work.

Let me know what the results of an over-the-top reinstall are, and we can go from there.

As far as the original post, 10.3.0 mp3 was not verified against OS X 10.9 or any of the point fixes for 10.9.  SED 10.3.1 was the first build verified for OS X 10.9, and now that you are moving to 10.10, it would be vital that you are trying the latest version of SED (10.3.2 mp2).  Even then, there is not yet any official support for OS X 10.10.  See the following for more details:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH174563

• 8.  RE: encryption desktop 10.3.0MP3 does not mount pgp disks on OS X 10.10

Posted Aug 04, 2014 05:50 PM

yes, i uninstalled and installed the latest, 10.3.2mp2, with the same results, noted in the 2nd post.  

are you suggesting i uninstall and reinstall again to try to force the kext to reinstall fully?

if yes, i will try later today.

thx

• 9.  RE: encryption desktop 10.3.0MP3 does not mount pgp disks on OS X 10.10

Posted Aug 04, 2014 06:05 PM
      |   view attached

just did another install of 10.3.2MP2, same result, same error -- pic attached.  is there a way i can manually install/copy this kext in? might that be some workaround? is this a cert signing issue?

thx

• 10.  RE: encryption desktop 10.3.0MP3 does not mount pgp disks on OS X 10.10

Posted Aug 04, 2014 08:37 PM

Update: a colleague of mine was able to get the kext installed.  If he attempts to encrypt the drive, it yields an unbootable system.  While he was on, before the reboot, he attempted to create and access PGP Virtual Disks. He was not able to access hem after creation.  Though it is not good news, I just wanted to let you know.

It's not entirely unexpected since it is a pretty major release, but Yosemite may not work at all with the current version of SED.  We will continue testing, and I will try to post any relevant results.

• 11.  RE: encryption desktop 10.3.0MP3 does not mount pgp disks on OS X 10.10

Posted Aug 04, 2014 11:12 PM

thanks for the update mike.  looking forward to whatever you figure out.

thx

• 12.  RE: encryption desktop 10.3.0MP3 does not mount pgp disks on OS X 10.10

Posted Sep 03, 2014 02:45 PM

Perhaps I gave up too soon but it has been my experience that it has been months after an OS X release before a working PGP version was available. The last time I checked by calling support a couple of months ago 10.9.4 was still not supported. Yosemite will be out in a couple of months and I always install Apple upgrades within a few days of release. Is it expected that Symantec will ever have a version of PGP supporting a current Apple release? I keep getting emails asking if I am going to renew my maintenance contract, but since it appears to be worthless I can't think of any reason to do it. I haven't even been able to have PGP installed on my Mac since 10.9.0 was released.

• 13.  RE: encryption desktop 10.3.0MP3 does not mount pgp disks on OS X 10.10

Posted Sep 24, 2014 11:29 AM

hello guys. any movement on this ticket? 

when can we expect an update that runs on 10.10?

thank you very much.

• 14.  RE: encryption desktop 10.3.0MP3 does not mount pgp disks on OS X 10.10

Posted Sep 24, 2014 01:59 PM

Sorry for not getting back to this thread in a timely manner.  Thanks dtitch for the bump/reminder.  Current builds of SED only support up to OS X 10.9.4.  Our latest release (10.3.2 mp3) came out in late August, the next release should be sometime around the end of November or early December, and it is still not clear if Yosemite support will be included.

All I can really tell you is that it is actively being worked on by our development team (it's not just in consideration), which is better than nothing.

• 15.  RE: encryption desktop 10.3.0MP3 does not mount pgp disks on OS X 10.10

Posted Sep 25, 2014 01:17 PM

bummer. ok. standing by...... really need.  

i'm actually surprised there aren't more yosemite users clamoring....

• 16.  RE: encryption desktop 10.3.0MP3 does not mount pgp disks on OS X 10.10

Posted Oct 12, 2014 04:01 PM

Same problem here when I installed OSX Yosemite Beta.  I had  to reformat and do a clean  reinstall of OSX maverick, it took days to get it right.  I had a good backup thank goodness. Hope to hear  that WDE has a solution soonest.

• 17.  RE: encryption desktop 10.3.0MP3 does not mount pgp disks on OS X 10.10

Posted Oct 17, 2014 08:49 AM

Yesterday's release of Yosemite still breaks PGP Disks, but now it's permanent. The volumes are not seen by Finder, yet SED reports them as mounted. Desktop Encryption is version 10.3.2.15413. It also can't 'unmount' the unseen volumes.

This issue of PGP Disks apparently being mounted but not showing up on the Desktop has been going on for years, but only very sporadically, and it could always be cured by a hardware restart. Now with 10.10, it's completely broken. All PGP DIsks are useless.

I'd consider this a catastrophic failure, and one which should have been addressed long before this release went public.

• 18.  RE: encryption desktop 10.3.0MP3 does not mount pgp disks on OS X 10.10

Posted Oct 17, 2014 01:47 PM

Symantec Encryption Desktop version 10.3.2 mp4 is the latest release, but it still does not support Yosemite. Our support for OS X can be found here:
    http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH174563

I would advise anyone interested in Yosemite support to open a ticket with technical support, and request Yosemite support.

• 19.  RE: encryption desktop 10.3.0MP3 does not mount pgp disks on OS X 10.10

Posted Oct 21, 2014 03:36 AM

I guess most people are just sighing and waiting for Symantec to catch up. Again. It's not like I should really expect £250 of software to work, or be actively supported.

I'm getting at least two of these errors - the kext error and the pgp disk error.

I take it from some of these replies that Sym are at least working on Yosemite compatibility i.e. someone has raised a ticket?

• 20.  RE: encryption desktop 10.3.0MP3 does not mount pgp disks on OS X 10.10

Posted Oct 21, 2014 07:23 AM

Perhaps there should just be a permanent ticket with technical support requesting support for the current MacOS X version. Think that would help?

• 21.  RE: encryption desktop 10.3.0MP3 does not mount pgp disks on OS X 10.10

Posted Oct 25, 2014 11:09 AM

holy sh--t. when is symantec going to support mac os?????? i mean really???  this is so laughable. losers.

even this 'support portal' is crap. i'd open a 'support ticket' but this site is a numbered circle of hell to navigate and i simply haven't the time in life......... always so disappointed here.

• 22.  RE: encryption desktop 10.3.0MP3 does not mount pgp disks on OS X 10.10

Posted Oct 25, 2014 12:25 PM

As stated previously, the fastest way to get any traction would be to have tickets opened with technical support, so they could be advanced as a request for Yosemite support.  If you are having difficulty navigating the site, contacting support can be done here:
    http://www.symantec.com/support/contact_techsupp_static.jsp

• 23.  RE: encryption desktop 10.3.0MP3 does not mount pgp disks on OS X 10.10

Posted Oct 25, 2014 04:48 PM

I jsut opened a case in my name using all the comments above including the one from Mike at Tech to tell us to open a case

Opening a case is not  seemingly working  it is  saying

The page at https://symantec1.secure.force.com says:

Your request  is being worked on please  wait

The page at https://symantec1.secure.force.com says:

Your request  is being worked on please  wait

The page at https://symantec1.secure.force.com says:  Your request  is being worked on please  wait

• 24.  RE: encryption desktop 10.3.0MP3 does not mount pgp disks on OS X 10.10

Posted Oct 25, 2014 08:36 PM

I jsus tried to open a case, the symantec system for new cases is broken. Goes into a LONG Wait and you never get it logged.  Need the fix so we can move to Yosemite.

• 25.  RE: encryption desktop 10.3.0MP3 does not mount pgp disks on OS X 10.10

Posted Oct 26, 2014 02:57 AM

yes. i've done mike, twice. 

i spend 15 mins trying to get around the page's insane interface and dialog behavior, finally get it in, then hours later get this in email:

In order to open a support case we need to verify that you have a current Support Agreement for your Symantec product. We show no record of current support contracts for your company.

If your company purchased a Symantec product with a Support Agreement, please provide as much of the following information as possible so we may locate the support record:

i've purchased this product semi-annually (bi-?, whatever is every other year) from symantec since it started. and pgp before that. the catch-22 is i have to renew a product that doesn't work (hasn't for months...) in order to tell the company that makes it that it doesn't work.... it's like i'm in terry gilliam's brazil.  yes, i've opened cases. more than once.

thx

• 26.  RE: encryption desktop 10.3.0MP3 does not mount pgp disks on OS X 10.10

Posted Oct 26, 2014 08:26 AM

I have a perpetual Maintence contract so can  our case be actioned?

Order Details
    Customer Name:   COLEMAN DAVID
    Customer Number:   59604259
    Order Number:   20059305
    Quantity Purchased :   1
    License Key Details
    Product (SKU):   PGP Whole Disk Encryption - with Bronze Maintenance Win Mac Linux - Perpetual (200008)
    Product Version:   10.0
    Serial Number:   1019245349
    Date Added:   Data Not Available
    Date Registered:   07-11-2010
    Start Date:   08-10-2009
    End Date:   08-09-2011
    SAN:   Data Not Available
    License Key Required: Yes
    License Key:   Deleted by  user
    License Key Company Name:   Authorized Company
    License Key Customer Name:   Authorized User
    Installation Instructions:   http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO42066
    Prior Version Key:     WDEOlderProducts Installation Details 

• 27.  RE: encryption desktop 10.3.0MP3 does not mount pgp disks on OS X 10.10

Posted Nov 13, 2014 01:12 PM

anything??

really hurting for this now..... yosemite is well out of beta guys.  this is ... not very professional.

thanks......