Endpoint Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  Encryption Desktop Virtual Disk not working after OS X update 2014-002

Posted Apr 30, 2014 10:06 AM

On April 28, 2014 I installed Apple's latest security update named "2014-002" after that I cannot open my virtual disks. If I double click on the unmounted disk nothing happens and if I try to mount it using the Encryption Desktop application it identifies the right size and location but under Cyperh it reads "Invalid Cipher"

I even tried creating a new disk image and it would not mount either. I have 2 iMac computers, tried the same on both with no success.

This has happened to me in the past with a major OS update and then Symantec has to catch-up; not sure if this is the case again.

I am running Encryption Desktop 10.2.3 MP1 Build 15337 on OS X 10.9.2

Any guidance is appreciated

• 2.  RE: Encryption Desktop Virtual Disk not working after OS X update 2014-002

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 09, 2014 08:11 AM

Hi El_Vardo,

Can you please check if the file permissions of the virtual disk have changed?
    Where do you have stored these disks? In your local hard drive?

Regards,
    dcats

• 3.  RE: Encryption Desktop Virtual Disk not working after OS X update 2014-002

Posted May 14, 2014 11:13 PM

Hi there - thanks for the response.

I found that by completely exiting my Kaspersky anti-virus the issue was solved. I've had Kaspersky for years and I am not sure why it is acting up now but this solved the issue in all my mac computers.

Have you come across any issues with Kaspersky? - maybe I need to switch to Norton ;)

• 4.  RE: Encryption Desktop Virtual Disk not working after OS X update 2014-002

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 15, 2014 03:06 PM
    Hi El_Vardo, This is very interesting. The release notes don't mention that antivírus as compatible, but if it used to work and now stopped after the Apple's update it is curious. Can you share the version? Is it the latest? Thank you and regards, dcats

• 5.  RE: Encryption Desktop Virtual Disk not working after OS X update 2014-002

Posted May 18, 2014 02:52 PM

The Kaspersky version I am using is 14.0.1.46a.b

I have confirmed that with "protection on" the disks will not mount. I need to turn protection off and reboot the machine.

Thanks