Data Loss Prevention

View Only
  • 1.  Endpoint with 100% processing

Posted Mar 03, 2011 01:25 PM

Hello, I have a problem.
    I have a few machine in my network endpoint where the EDPA is constantly at 100% processor utilization.
    Not spotted any malware / virus or the machine consuming process, spent several antivirus like Kaspersky, Avast, McAfee ran programs like Spyware Terminator, Spybot, ComboFix and no BankerFix found nothing strange about the machine. I removed the machine from the network as a remote access could be causing the problem.

Until now I could not figure out why this department is with this problem or what is causing the problem.

Would someone give me an idea to help me solve this problem?

Thank you.

Ricardo Lino Gonzalez

• 2.  RE: Endpoint with 100% processing

Posted Mar 03, 2011 02:20 PM

Hi Ricardo,

I have three questions:

1. Does this problem refer to computers with the DLP agent installed on them or is it just a general computer issue?
    2. Did removing the machine from the network solve the problem?
    3. Which process is it that's hogging the CPU?

• 3.  RE: Endpoint with 100% processing

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 06, 2011 09:32 AM

EDPA is the process of the DLP agent. Please check whether there are any Endpoint Discover Scan on the Endpoint Server. And, check the configuration of the Endpoint on the Endpoint Server. There are some resource limitation of the Endpoint.

Check the connection between your endpoint and your endpoint server, make sure the endpoint can connect to the Endpoint Server.