Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Endpoint 11.0.6 - clients connecting and updating but not group members

Posted Apr 28, 2010 04:49 AM
    Hi,
    I have deployed Endpoint 11.0.6 management on a 2008 server, all of my clients are deployed and after some effort, all are connecting with the server and receiving updates. All clients have green dots and the 'Home' dashboard reports correctly the virus definitions distribution, status summary etc.

At some point in the deployment and configuration, the group that I had created within the management console 'disappeared', therefore the clients are currently not part of any group. I have created a new group with the same name but obviously the clients do not automatically appear in here because the group has a different ID to the original.

I am very happy that the clients are communicating and updating definitions but not having them listed under 'Clients'  means I cannot run commands etc.

I have tried manually adding clients to a group and this has no effect.

How can I get the clients to appear as part of a group (or recreate the original group) so that I can manage the clients properly.

Thanks in advance,

Chris.

• 2.  RE: Endpoint 11.0.6 - clients connecting and updating but not group members

Posted Apr 28, 2010 05:25 AM
    Restart SEPM server once and see whether the clients are coming to default group ...

• 3.  RE: Endpoint 11.0.6 - clients connecting and updating but not group members

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 28, 2010 05:29 AM

it should be under default group.
    on the client side GUI, what is the group it points to?

• 4.  RE: Endpoint 11.0.6 - clients connecting and updating but not group members

Posted Apr 28, 2010 05:35 AM
    on the client machine do you see then on the try with green dot?
    i think the clients are in user mode
    open sepm
    click on clients
    at the bottom select display filter make it to user mode and computer mode
    search for clients you should have them..

check if you are having mutiple domains
    open sepm
    servers 
    domains
    check if you have mutiple domains
    if so administer second and check if clients are listed.

• 5.  RE: Endpoint 11.0.6 - clients connecting and updating but not group members

Posted Apr 28, 2010 05:54 AM
    Hi - thanks for all the answers - I created 'new' group(s) by importing my structure from AD Users & Computers, right clicked on each OU (Group), exported communications settings, created new sylink and manually copied to each machine in that OU (smc -stop, copy & replace file, smc -start).
    Instantly reconnected and showing in management!

It has been a lot of effort getting this whole system configured but I am very happy with having my AD OU' structure in the Management - makes Administration much easier.
    Only issue is I have a lot of sylinks for all my OU's but I can handle that!

Thanks again.

Chris.