Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Endpoint Protection 12.0 Install help!

Posted Nov 30, 2011 11:58 AM

I keep getting an error msg saying "Out of disk space ---Volume: 'D'; required space: 3,072 KB; available space: 0 KB.  Free some disk space and retry."

The D drive is my CD/DVD drive with the install disk.

I'm running MS Vista 32 bit. I've tried typical and custom with the same results.   Any and all help is requested/ 

• 2.  RE: Endpoint Protection 12.0 Install help!

• 3.  RE: Endpoint Protection 12.0 Install help!

Posted Nov 30, 2011 04:18 PM

Are you trying to install the manager or client? If this is the manager, Vista is not a supported OS.

• 4.  RE: Endpoint Protection 12.0 Install help!

Posted Dec 01, 2011 02:48 AM

You are getting the error msg after, while or before the Installation??? Installing SEP or SEPM???

• 5.  RE: Endpoint Protection 12.0 Install help!

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Dec 01, 2011 08:04 AM

Hello,

As I understood, you are trying to install Symantec Endpoint Protection SBE 12.0 on Windows Vista 32 bit.

If incase, you are trying to Install

Symantec Protection Center on Windows Vista 32 bit, then to let you know that Windows Vista (32-bit, 64-bit) is not officially supported. Check this Article: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH93309

However, when you are installing Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition Client, then create an Custom Package and specify the installation path for C drive and not D drive.

Again, I see that you have said that, "I've tried typical and custom with the same results."

That clearly makes us believe that there is something wrong with the system. Does the same thing happen with other software installation??

Could you try running the Symantec Support Tool on your machine and check what does it specify.

Symantec Support Tool could be downloaded from here.

Hope that helps!!

• 6.  RE: Endpoint Protection 12.0 Install help!

Posted Dec 01, 2011 11:23 AM

Have you tried using a custom install and pointing the install location to somewhere on the C:\?

It doesn't really make sense that it would try to install on the CD\DVD drive, but I've seen SEP do some much weirder things.

I think if you were to specifically tell it to install to the C drive, you should be able to get rid of this issue.

• 7.  RE: Endpoint Protection 12.0 Install help!

Posted Dec 01, 2011 12:35 PM

My advice is to skip 12.0 and get 12.1 . smiley

Barring that--copy the installation files to the hard drive from the CD and launch from there. I'd also run the install as Administrator (if Administrator is enabled) or disable UAC for the install because Vista's UAC isn't as 'nice' as 7's.

sandra