Data Loss Prevention

View Only
  • 1.  EndpointServer process went down before it had fully started. Erorr code 1008

Posted May 04, 2016 07:49 AM

In symantec DLP version 14.0

the endpoint server starts to give me this error, i've checked the server and recycle the services but still have this error
    Any suggestions !

Thanks in advance!

• 2.  RE: EndpointServer process went down before it had fully started. Erorr code 1008

Posted May 04, 2016 10:00 AM

What operating system is the Detection Server installed on?

If it is Windows what are your DEP settings set at?

• 3.  RE: EndpointServer process went down before it had fully started. Erorr code 1008

Posted May 04, 2016 10:37 AM

Hi Please check the below thread, it may help you

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/dlp-error-filereader-process-went-down-it-had-fully-started

• 4.  RE: EndpointServer process went down before it had fully started. Erorr code 1008
    Best Answer

Posted May 10, 2016 07:45 AM

Dears, 

Thank you all for your help, i opend a support case regarding this issue and the issue has been resolved 

Here's what the support troiblshooting steps were.

-verified security settings for all folders involved with storing incidents before it will be send to Enforce (protect user has to have rights to list and read and write) - three folders needs to be provided with proper rights for protect user
    - noticed that there is connectivity issue between Enforce and Endpoint server - local firewalls on Enforce and Endpoint where turn off
    - noticed that even all connection issues were resolved it is still problem with Endpoint Server status service.
    - to resolve this issue VontuMonitor service on Endpoint Server were stopped
    - Logs folder was renamed into Logs.old and it was created new one (Logs and subfolder debug)
    - Security settings were added to Logs folder (protect user has write, list, read and execute rights) 

Although im pretty sure that the last two steps were the main part of the solution for my issue 

I though i could share my experince, hope that was informative 

Best