Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Enterprise vault 8.02 - exporting mail back into exchange without deleted items

Created: 02 Dec 2012 • Updated: 05 Feb 2013 | 1 comment
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi all,

I have inherited a site with Exchange 2007 and EV 8.0.2.

Im looking to migrate content out of EV back into exchange for a couple of mailboxes - and have noticed that when i do so, all items, included long ago deleted items are coming back from the vault, back into the mailbox.

After a look around, i noticed the setting Policy | Exchange | desktop | Options | shortcut behaviour was set to "shortcut only"... which has now been changed to "both deleted"

Is there any way that i can get Exchange and EV to "sync" so that items that have been deleted out of exchange are also deleted out of the EV archive ? So when i go to import other peoples archives, im not flooding their mailbox with previously deleted stuff ?

thanks.

Comments 1 CommentJump to latest comment

JesusWept3's picture

Natively in EV there is not a way
I know in third party products such as TransVault (possible Archive Shuttle, Akaibu etc) you can restore items only where shortcuts exist.

the only way natively in EV would be to do an advanced search for just EV Shortcuts then manually restore the items from the EV Client in Outlook

SOLUTION