Video Screencast Help

Enterprise Vault 9.0.1 - Error on Add-in Outlook 2007

Created: 14 Feb 2012 • Updated: 27 Feb 2012 | 10 comments
lukassc's picture
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with the Outlook 2007 SP2 with Hotfix on the EV server. This error occurs when I try to opened.

The Add-in "Enterprise Vault" (C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\EVClient\Valkyrie.dll) cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook. Please contact the Add-in manufacturer for an update. If no update is available, please uninstall the Add-in.

It's a Lab, and Its appears like the client Install the Add-in previously. I only Upgrade the EV version and uninstall the Outlook 2003 because we will add Exchange 2010.

Another thing, In the Add or Remove Programs, does not appear the client of EV, only Enterprise Vault (remember that we are talking about the Vault server, not a workstation.)

Exchange System Manager is on the server... (windows 2003 server)

Anyone has this problem before?

Comments 10 CommentsJump to latest comment

LCT's picture

On the EV server there is no EV client. Outlook will look for the EV forms and the valkerie.dll within the enterprise vault folder on the server.

I would remove the ESM and also remove Outlook off the server cleanly (i.e. clean the registry for Outlook and the Outlook install folder and then reinstall Outlook 2007 SP2 with the hotfixes. This fixed my issue.

LCT's picture

BTW, don't install the ESM on the EV server anymore, this normally causes MAPI issue if you are going to exchange 2010 then you don't need anyway.

LCT's picture

Oh what it's the current version of your exchange server? Exchange 2003/2007? If this is the case then you should keep outlook 2003 SP3 until you have actually adding exchange 2010 as your target for archiving. 

JesusWept3's picture

Actually until EV9 SP3 and EV10, the client was installed as part of the server kit
Now the recommendation is if you want the client to be installed then you must install the client binaries, however this has the potential to break the server.

Most likely what happened is if you were on a version previous to EV9 SP3 or EV10 it had the client registered as an outlook add in, but with EV9 SP3 or EV10, the valkyrie.dll just doesn't exist, so when outlook opens, it can't find it, hence the error message

lukassc's picture

CTEV, I will try to do that. I have Exchange 2003 and 2010, so I need the Outlook 2007 SP2.

Previously, they have outlook 2003, so I uninstall it and install the 2007. Then the error start to came up.

JesusWept2, I don't know why the add-in was there, but the idea is to remove it.

Another thing, every time I open the Outlook ask me credentials, and none seems to work... I don't understand.

JesusWept3's picture

If Outlook is asking you for credentials to a mailbox, this typically means that your Send As/Receive As permissions are not set on the Exchange server organization.

If you are running Exchange 2010, then you want to move the EVAdmin mailbox to the Exchange 2010 server then run the permissions script and then run the throttling scripts, then run the Deployment scanner to make sure all comes back ok.

Once that's done Outlook should not prompt you for credentials.

And as mentioned before, if you want to remove the prompt, in Outlook 2007, go to the Trust Center and simply uncheck the Enterprise Vault Outlook Add In.

As mentioned before EV *did* install the client up until EV9 SP3 and EV10, so its perfectly normal for the client to be registered.

lukassc's picture

So, no need to uninstall ESM Jesus? Only to Uncheck the add-in and verified the permissions?

JesusWept3's picture

You definitely need to get rid of ESM, your system will a be a lot more stable with it, it will just produce conflicts with the mapi dll files and such, however after you uninstall ESM, you will probably want to do a repair on your Outlook 2007 installation

Then once Outlook 2007 is installed, if you are still getting the Valkyrie error, uncheck the addin to stop it from loading from the trust center.

And definitely check your send as/receive as permissions through the  deployment scanner and then fix as necessary via the permissions powershell scripts for Exchange 2010, and through the ESM on your exchange 2003 servers

lukassc's picture

Regarding the credentials, only in the EV server asks me Avery time I opened. If I configure another outlook, it’s working just fine.

I'm not really sure if is a send as problem... I will check it out anyway

lukassc's picture

Thx Jesus, I will do it tomorrow and I let you know.