Video Screencast Help
Protect Your POS Environment Against Retail Data Breaches. Learn More.

Enterprise Vault - and SAS Add-in 5.1 for MS Office

Created: 05 Sep 2013 | 8 comments

Hi

We have some users that have a SAS Add-in 5.1 for MS Office installed in Outlook, in addition to EV 10.0.3.

The messageclasses used by this SAS application is not enabled for archiving in EV.

But when this SAS add-in is enabled, in the %temp% folder the users get EV log files with lot of the following error message:

 

03/09/2013 08:56:29.078[7048][H]: IDispatch::GetIDsOfNames("MessageClass") failed, error 80020006

 
The logfiles can be up to 1 Mb large..
 
It seems like archiving is working as normal, but do anyone know if there are any solutions to get rid of these error messages?
 
Anders
Operating Systems:

Comments 8 CommentsJump to latest comment

Advisor's picture

Can you post the Full client log?

Advisor's picture

Install following CHF add-ins on affected client machine and check if the issue persists.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH205731

Pradeep_Papnai's picture

The resolution for above lines if coming in client log is to apply EV 10.0 SP3 CU2 HF OR 10.0 SP4 extension as other suggested. Now as you mentioned everything working as expected (archiving/retrival/vault cache..etc) the most probably the reason for high size of temp location is users have enabled EV client log to maximum. which you can simply disabled.

DWORD: LoggingLevel (location =HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Client)
Set it to 1 as default.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH38096

Rob.Wilcox's picture

to the OP... are you seeing the text:

 

09/11/2012 16:42:26.972[4544][H]: Unknown exception occurred
09/11/2012 16:42:27.004[4544][H]: IDispatch::GetIDsOfNames("MessageClass") failed, error 80020006
09/11/2012 16:42:27.563[4544][H]: FUI: Not loading UI as action map is empty.  Is the user enabled?

Anders_B's picture

Hi - sorry for late follow-up.

I will try to install 10.0.4 on the client.

Today the log level is set to information only, and the only in the log are:

06/09/2013 07:28:44.633: Log file created (level 0).
06/09/2013 07:28:44.633: IDispatch::GetIDsOfNames("MessageClass") failed, error 80020006
06/09/2013 07:28:44.636: IDispatch::GetIDsOfNames("MessageClass") failed, error 80020006
....
....
and so on....

The client is working, the buttons and menu are visible, so I don't think  TECH201625 is relevant.

I will post an update when we have tested the latest client version.

Thanks,

Anders

Anders_B's picture

Hi again.

We testet with client add-in 10.0.4, and the same error appears in the log. See attachment.

Anders

AttachmentSize
ev_client_log_20130912120028.txt 85.11 KB
Pradeep_Papnai's picture

This looks to expected lines (not sure the reason) on why these lines are coming at the same time EV functinaties are working fine.  

IDispatch::GetIDsOfNames("MessageClass") failed, error 80020006.

Honestly I don't have any reason but can you try to recreate windows profile and see if these lines come. You may wish to contact support to know the root cause.