Enterprise Vault - Correct sequence of index, collection, admin tasks
After some pretty major performance degredation after upgrading from 9.0.1 to 10.0 (and then 10.0.3) Enterprise Vault, I am being forced to review the schedules of the various background processes in order to ensure we are not overlapping or causing unecessary load on the server.
We run EV on our MS Exchange 2010 platform, all o which is on Windows 2008 VM's with the reccomended level of vCPU & vRAM on SAS disks.
My understanding is that the each environment has the following processes, all of which are scheduled to run at some point during a 24 hour period;
Mailbox Archiving, Mailbox Sync, Mailbox Provisioning, Indexing, Vault Store Collection, Index Admin Tasks
We have been advised to alter our sequence of processes so they look like the following;
1. Index admin tasks are run from Sunday - Friday inclusive between 11:00-18:00
2. Mailbox Provisioning runs daily @ 18:00
3. Site Schedule is every day 19:00-02:00 and I understand includes Mailbox Archiving tasks, Mailbox Sync and Indexing Task
4. Vault Store Collection runs between 21:00-00:00 for our oldest 10 Vault Stores & 21:00-02:00 for our newest 10 Vault Stores (I could potentially remove the overlap here if it is felt that 2-3 hours is adequate per run - or less for the older set of Vault Stores which shouldnt change too much)
5. Backup via Backup Exec 2012 runs from 03:00 daily
Whilst this seems logical, I want to ensure that the sequence of events is correct as we previously had our Vault Store collections running during the day from 10:00-16:00 - I just want to be 100% certain that everything is happening in the right order going forward.
Thanks in advance,