Intel,Altiris Group

• 1.  error 1041 when running xpf package

Posted Apr 26, 2011 03:17 AM

Hello,

OS and apps: NS 7.1 in windows 2008 64 bits

Scenario: created package to install xpf application and it failed with error 1041

I read some articles in the forum, but I have not seen an option or sample how to overcome this issues

the cmd I used is: SVSCMD.exe bb3738c8-973e-4616-b94f-4e8e71c8edbb IMPORT -PATH "zip92\zip92.xpf" ACTIVATE

error on server log: package already download, but failed to launch the program successfully, program has failed with return code=1041

If I deploy and sva file it work fine!!!!

If anyone have been able to deploy xpf file successfully with ns 7.xx, I will appreciate a sample of the cmd or any tip that could help

Thanks in advance

Mark

• 2.  RE: error 1041 when running xpf package

Posted Apr 26, 2011 02:11 PM

We had the same problem and according to Symantec Support, it was designed to use VSA and not XPFs

• 3.  RE: error 1041 when running xpf package

Posted Apr 26, 2011 02:46 PM

As we don't have a xpf resource yet, I take it that you simply created a normal software resource for the xpf file and a normal task to use it, and are not trying to use our default svs tasks, yes?

As you have aid that you haven't had problems with vsa files, are you deploying them in the same way as your xpf files, and are you also using the exact same command line?

Looking at your command line, it seems that you are also using the alternate download location option for the package, yes?

SK

• 4.  RE: error 1041 when running xpf package

Posted Apr 26, 2011 07:20 PM

Hi SK,

I am using the same process for both vsa and xpf at this time and for the package location, I follow similar input that I have seen here in the forum...

If you have any suggestion to try on, I will please to have a go and I hope that xpf could be used with NS 7.1, having in mind prsegtek respond received by symantec support

Please let me know if you need more information

Thanks

• 5.  RE: error 1041 when running xpf package

Posted May 01, 2011 11:03 AM
    Returncode 1041 means invalid permissions. If you stream you should take in mind that it is done with the endusers permissions. Try to give everyone read permissions on the share and see what it does.

• 6.  RE: error 1041 when running xpf package

Posted Oct 26, 2011 10:55 AM

Hi,

I am facing the same issue with one of my package. i am trying to deliver using Notification server with the command line

svscmd.exe I -p "Any Video Converter Any Video Converter 2.7.9.xpf" "Any Video Converter Any Video Converter 2.7.9" AUTO -y "Any Video Converter Any Video Converter 2.7.9" A

this fails in xp machine with 1041 as the exit code.

any one has any idea?

Many Thanks.

• 7.  RE: error 1041 when running xpf package

Posted Oct 27, 2011 02:52 AM

Can you manually import the layer successfully?

If so, delete the layer and then see if the command line works manually too.

• 8.  RE: error 1041 when running xpf package

Posted Oct 28, 2011 10:24 AM

manual installation of the layer works...

so i have coverted the xpf to vsa file and installed the layer it works fine now...

Many Thanks.