Symanec Protection Suites

View Only
  • 1.  Error 1500 and Error 1705 during re-install

Posted Dec 10, 2010 06:31 PM

Hi fellow support folks,

I am trying to reinstall a primary server gone bad. I got the following error as a result of the first level support staff having attempted this also:

"Error 1500: Another installation is in progress. You must complete that installation before completing this one."

It was not possible to continue this installation and the only workable option was to cancel. Subsequent attempts gave the same message. After reboot of the server I started over.

I first got a message telling me that <name of coworker> did an installation that will need to be continued to be able to be used, but that my installation will continue. After clicking OK the follow error appeared:

"Error 1705. A previous installation yadayada must undo changes yadayada. Do you want to undo those changes? "

After answering yes the SAV Installshield Wizard undo process hangs at:

"Stopping Services"

First level support guys went through the same routine, so it is like a continuous circle.

HOW CAN I GET THIS SERVER BACK UP AND RUNNING?

RICKY

• 2.  RE: Error 1500 and Error 1705 during re-install

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 12, 2010 04:16 AM

you may try using cleanwipe and then restart the system.

• 3.  RE: Error 1500 and Error 1705 during re-install

Posted Dec 12, 2010 02:47 PM

Hi Pete

Thanks for your response.

I had done some searching and found some MS articles that made references to other material, but in the end I wound up in limbo after following some seemingly no longer used links. I know there are several Installer cleanup utilities. I will look at the one you refer to. In the mean time, have you used it to resolved the issue like I am expeirencing?

• 4.  RE: Error 1500 and Error 1705 during re-install

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 12, 2010 10:50 PM

not really, the tool can only be got from tech support of Symantec. So you need to open a ticket with Symantec support team to get the tool.

• 5.  RE: Error 1500 and Error 1705 during re-install

Posted Dec 13, 2010 12:03 AM

Understood Pete,

Thanks for your assistance. Will follow-up once I have results of use with the tool.

Ricky