Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Error 1720 Installing BESR 2010 Desktop Windows XP

Created: 08 Dec 2010 | 8 comments

Trying to install Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 Desktop.  Get the following error message:

Product: Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 -- Error 1720.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom action script error , : Line , Column ,

Windows XP SP3

Workstation computer (no server)

Comments 8 CommentsJump to latest comment

Markus Koestler's picture

Try this one: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/v...

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s) ***

Richard Nations's picture

After reading it I was hopeful, but no success and same error after following all of the steps several times.

Any other suggestions?

Hm, you might file a case with Symantec.

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s) ***

Richard Nations's picture

I would love to do that (file a case) but I'm trying to install the trial version and Symantec won't let me file a case for that version.

Ironic... I want to try their software in view of purchasing several licenses for a small business, but because they won't help get it installed I may never know if it's what this business needs and would have to try another vendor.

Any updates here ?

Any updates here ?

Any updates here ?