Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

Error 1720 Installing BESR 2010 Desktop Windows XP

Created: 08 Dec 2010 | 8 comments

Trying to install Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 Desktop.  Get the following error message:

Product: Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 -- Error 1720.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom action script error , : Line , Column ,

Windows XP SP3

Workstation computer (no server)

Comments 8 CommentsJump to latest comment

Markus Koestler's picture

Try this one: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/v...

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s) ***

Richard Nations's picture

After reading it I was hopeful, but no success and same error after following all of the steps several times.

Any other suggestions?

Hm, you might file a case with Symantec.

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s) ***

Richard Nations's picture

I would love to do that (file a case) but I'm trying to install the trial version and Symantec won't let me file a case for that version.

Ironic... I want to try their software in view of purchasing several licenses for a small business, but because they won't help get it installed I may never know if it's what this business needs and would have to try another vendor.

Any updates here ?

Any updates here ?

Any updates here ?