Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  error 1722 message when installing symantec v10

Posted Jan 03, 2008 04:43 AM
    Dear All,
                  After fatal error occured i deleted some symantec registry entries using regedit afterwards i cant install symantec in my pc its giving an error 1722 message when installing fresh.

• 2.  RE: error 1722 message when installing symantec v10

Posted Jan 04, 2008 05:28 PM
    What version of Windows are you using? Be carefull that version 10.2XXXXXXX can only be installed on Vista - not 10.1XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

• 3.  RE: error 1722 message when installing symantec v10

Posted Jan 06, 2008 05:06 AM
    Hey toasale,
                           I am using windows xp os ok and i have used this antivirus in all other computers also so there is no compatibility problems i think. is there anyway to solve this issue ? i asked that .

• 4.  RE: error 1722 message when installing symantec v10

Posted Jan 08, 2008 05:21 PM
    IF you are very knowlegeable with the Registry and its aspect for permissions, I would delve deeply into it. Otherwise don't consider playing in it, unless you are willing to format in the not - too - distant future!!! You may need to run "sfc /scannow" while in Windows (have your Windows media in the drive). With these issues and if you're on DSL, etc., unplug before you uninstall the Symantec program, repair it, etc.

Have you run  rootkit, anti-spyware scans or backed up the registry before the install? All advanced/expert users will inform you to, once in a while do a complete re-install > there's nothing better than a deep "housekeeping".

And to my original reply .... 10.1.x.xxxx does work with XP. I may have presumed a Vista issue was at hand.

HTH