Video Screencast Help

Error 1935 error with HRESULT 0x80070002 installing Office Professional Plus 2013

Created: 04 Mar 2014 | 11 comments

I have a Win 7 64 bit vm. I have installed Symantec Workspace Virtualization 64 bit version 7.5.522.

I am trying to create a new layer & install Office Professional Plus 2013.

The installation fails with Error 1935 with HRESULT 0x80070002.

I need help to fix this error.

Operating Systems:

Comments 11 CommentsJump to latest comment

EdT's picture

I recommend you google on the error message, as there are many possible causes.

The first thing you should do is to take a snapshot of your VM and then try installing Office to the base instead of a layer, and see if you get the same error. If you do, then you need to fix the problem with your VM before you go any further.  If installation works to the base, then please provide more information on when you are seeing this error. At the start of installation?  At the end of installation ?  Are you installing 32 bit or 64 bit Office ?

If your issue has been solved, please use the "Mark as Solution" link on the most relevant thread.

Viraj Ajgaonkar's picture

I tried installing Office to base (instead of layer) & it succeeds. No errors.

The errors happens in the middle of installation, very close to the end.

I am installing 32 bit office. The OS is Win 7 64 bit.

EdT's picture

Error 1935 is an MSI error reporting problems with installing an assembly. 

Enable verbose MSI logging and have a look in the MSI log file. It may be that your VM lacks either a particular .NET framework or one or more of the MSXML runtimes.

If your issue has been solved, please use the "Mark as Solution" link on the most relevant thread.

I did enable verbose logging. The logs do not give much. Is there any particual message I need to look for?

Please find attached the logs & screen shot.

I am using Win 7 64 bit vm, Symantec Workspace Virtualiztion 7.5.522 & Office Professional Plus 2013.

Does Symantec Workspace Virtualiztion 7.5.522 support Office Professional Plus 2013? Has this been tested?

I did try a few things like renaming "Microsoft Help" folder, reinstalling .net version. Nothing seems to help. I keep getting the same error. 

I need your help to resolve this issue.

Thanks.

Screen Shot
AttachmentSize
Office Verbose Logs 3.92 MB
EdT's picture

I've not had much time since your last posting, but looking in the main logfile, and searching for 1935 brings up many error entries, the first being:

2014/03/06 14:05:39:603::[11428] MSI(ERROR): '1: 1935 2: {39A436F1-525F-4D9C-95E5-01D682F0FB25} 3: 0x80070002 4: IAssemblyCacheItem 5: Commit 6:

Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.AddInAdapter.v9.0,fileVersion="9.0.30729.5806",version="9.0.0.00000000",culture="neutral",publicKeyToken="B03F5F7F11D50A3A",processorArchitecture="MSIL" '
2014/03/06 14:05:39:603::[11428] WER element [P5] is set to value [1: 1935 2: {39A436F1-525F-4D9C-95E5-01D682F0FB25} 3: 0x80070002 4: IAssemblyCacheItem 5: Commit 6: Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.AddInAdapter.v9.0,fileVersion="9.0.30729.5806",version="9.0.0.00000000",culture="neutral",publicKeyToken="B03F5F7F11D50A3A",processorArchitecture="MSIL" ]

If you look in the MSI SDK help file called MSI.CHM, the 1935 error is defined as:
An error occurred during the installation of assembly component [2]. HRESULT: [3]. {{assembly interface: [4], function: [5], assembly name: [6]}}

So look for a component in your Office MSI with the GUID {39A436F1-525F-4D9C-95E5-01D682F0FB25} as this will give you a more direct indication of where the problem lies.

Thanks. While I took a look at the MSI, I had a question.

Does Symantec Workspace Virtualiztion 7.5.522 support Office Professional Plus 2013? Has this been tested?

EdT's picture

On that aspect, I have no idea. Perhaps one of the Symantec Employees who read this forum would be able to comment.

Is this forum actively monitered by Symantec Employees? Do we have any SLA around that?

EdT's picture

The Connect forums are for users to help users, and many forums have limited or zero involvement from Symantec staff, as their first responsibility is to handle paid support calls.

This forum is better than most for the presence of Symantec employees, but you cannot rely on either their presence/involvement or an SLA.

Trusted Advisors are just users like yourself and are not employees of Symantec.

If your use of a Symantec product is mission critical to your organisation then it makes sense to purchase maintenance as part of your licensing costs and therefore have full access to Symantec support.

Joseph_Carson's picture

Hello Edt,

Many thanks and your feedback here is accurate.  Symantec employees do have a responsibility to monitor and respond to the forums as best as possible though we do not have any SLA's around this.  In relation to the Workspace Virtualization and Streaming forums we do take a very active part and review and contribute as much as possible.  For critical issues we do recommend to contact Symantec Enterprise support as this does have SLA's and multiples tiers of support. 

For this specific question related to Viruatlizing Office 2013 which is a more complex package to virtualize due to the changes made since Office 2010.  Though we do have customers and partners whom have successfully packaged Office 2013.  Since packaging is a services engagement we do recommend either seeking professional packaging services from consultants or certified partners for complex packages.

For example one of our partners can provide additional details below as they have done this several times already for customers:

http://www.protirus.com/news/protirus-virtualised-...

I hope this helps.

Kind and Best Reards,

delvalled's picture

There is no official list of "supported" software. From page 23 on the Symantec Workspace Virtualization 7.5 User's Guide:

What you can virtualize

You can use the following guidelines to determine what data you can virtualization and what data you should not virtualize:

Most applications can be virtualized. Typical applications can include office suites, databases, Internet browsers, media, and monitoring utilities. Virtual applications function normally.
The only way to determine whether a particular software will work when virtualized is to test it thoroughly in your environment. That being said, I was able to capture an installation of Office 2013 on a 32-bit Windows 7 virtual machine and it appears to work fine for me, but this was on a clean machine and all I did was open Micrsoft Word. I haven't tried capturing Office 2013 on a 64-bit platform; there may be issues there that I am not aware of.

The Connect forums are meant to be powered by the public community in conjunction with Symantec employees. If you want to leverage an SLA with Symantec, please contact Technical Support and open a support case and we will be glad to assist you through that channel as well.