Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Error 19913

Posted Jan 10, 2007 06:17 PM
    Was having this issue with Ghost Suite 1.1, and today downloaded the trial of Ghost Suite 2.0 and I'm having the same issue.

I can create a Network Boot Disk set, which appears to work fine. During the setup of the boot disks I tell it "not" to use DHCP but instead I give it a static IP address.
    When I use my new boot disks on a PC, it boots up without a problem into Ghost and tells me it has loaded my driver using the universal driver.
    But when I go into Ghostcast and choose an option, i wait 30sec and it comes back telling me "Abort Error 19913: Cannot find DHCP server"

I'm lost as to why I get this especially since I did not choose a DHCP server in the first place.

• 2.  RE: Error 19913

Posted Jan 11, 2007 01:31 AM
    Hi Joshua,

Yes, it should not look for DHCP in this situation.

In your boot disk, could you see the information in wattcp.cfg file? This is a text file so you can see the contents using type command. It should contain the static IP, subnet mask and Gateway addresses.

Krish

• 3.  RE: Error 19913

Posted Jan 11, 2007 11:00 AM
    I did double-check that file and it does list the correct IP, Netmask, and Gateway of our network structure here.

As an additional test I loaded up the bootdisks again on a computer;
    - it says an extended memory manager has already been loaded so XMS Driver is not installed.
    - It tells me my Ethernet address is "MAC address". Is this normal?

I also loaded up the disks to see if I could ping that static IP I gave it. I'm not exactly sure if it's possible to do it this way as I really haven't had a lot of dealings with DOS on a network, but I wasn't able to ping the IP address I put on the bootdisk.

So once again I'm left stumped as to why this won't work.

• 4.  RE: Error 19913

Posted Jan 11, 2007 03:40 PM
    ok, so after over an hour of trying to find the old PING command and an old IPCONFIG-type command that would work in DOS (no, the one in your windows directory doesn't work. It only works in a Windows enviroment)

I finally found something interesting...... my config file on the Ghost Boot disks... is not copying over to the %dir%\ghost.

So when the program runs the boot disks, pushes the (2) pieces of Ghost together it seems to forget to place the wattcp.cfg in the same directory as the Ghost.exe. Since the config file wasn't there, even when I ran PING I got a message saying no config file and then it switches to attempt a DHCP server.

If I manually copy the wattcp.cfg into the ghost directory and run Ghost...well there we go. It starts to run fine (but then I run into the problem that the trialware won't allow me to test)

SO..... can anyone help identify why the cfg file won't transfer over????

• 5.  RE: Error 19913

Posted Jan 23, 2007 06:04 AM
    I've exactly the same problem,
    if i manually copy the file wattcp.cfg in c:\ghost the multicast session starts correctly,
    does anyone known why that file isn't copied?
    Is a software's bug?
    Thanks a lot

Renato

• 6.  RE: Error 19913

Posted Feb 20, 2007 08:49 AM
    We have the same problem and old version of NIC drivers works very well...

exactly for Broadcom 57xx interface works driver from 2004

good luck

jaro

• 7.  RE: Error 19913

Posted Apr 12, 2007 04:12 PM
    Hi,

Exactly the same problem here!

Works fine with a USB flash drive though so you have a point there with something goes wrong when it
    splits up ghost.exe over 2 disks. Has to be a bug!

Krish, any suggestions???

• 8.  RE: Error 19913

Posted Apr 14, 2007 09:30 PM
    Hi,

Yes, it is a defect that Ghost looking for DHCP when using static IPs with boot floppies. This had been fixed for the next update of GSS 2.0.

When using Ghost with static IPs, it uses the wattcp.cfg file to obtain the IP addresses. This file should be in the same directory as Ghost.exe. Since the new versions of Ghost.exe does not fit in to a single floppy, we break it and put in to two floppies. When booting up, it creates a RAM Disk and join the parts of Ghost.exe in Ram Disk. In this process, wattcp.cfg is not copied to the Ram DIsk and Ghost assumes it is running in a DHCP environment.

If you look at the autoexec.bat file  (can do it in Windows) it looks like,

@echo off
    SET TZ=GHO-12:00
    prompt $p$g
    \net\Undipd.com 0x60
    if exist MOUSE.COM MOUSE.COM
    echo Loading...
    call FINDRAMD.BAT z y x w v u t s r q p o n m l k j i h g f e d c
    if "%ram%" == "" echo RAM drive not found!
    if "%ram%" == "" goto EOF
    mkdir %ram%:\GHOST
    joinxe -p -f %ram%:\GHOST\GHOST.EXE \GHOST\1.exe \GHOST\2.exe
    %ram%:
    CD \GHOST
    GHOST.EXE
    :EOF

If you enter the following line just after 'mkdir %ram%:\Ghost' in autoexec.bat in floppy 1 and floppy 2.

copy \Ghost\wattcp.cfg %ram%:\Ghost
    this will work.

Please note that Autoexec.bat file need to be copied to both floppies since DOS fails if the file is changed while it is still in Autoexec.

We did not make a special patch for this, but it is fixed for the next update

Krish