Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Error 19932 whilst attempting to connect to GhostCast session using automatic detection

Posted Jan 02, 2009 04:28 PM

Hi guys, hope you are able to help,

I have just downloaded the Ghost Solution Suite 2.5 trail version, as I want to upgrade from GSS 2.0. I have installed and configured it using the 3com PXE and TFTP server and all works well. I am able to boot a client PC from the NIC and the ghost interface lauches.

The error comes when i try to connect to a GhostCast session, which has been created on the server. When i enter the session name and attempting to connect using "automatic detection" an error (#19932) appears and the client resets the connection. When i try again and enter the session name and server IP address all works well.

This means the client PC is somehow unable to automatically find the ghostcast server.

The firewall has been disabled.

Can anyone tell me why this happens, and how to correct it??

Regards

Message Edited by KP2009 on 01-02-2009 01:29 PM

• 2.  RE: Error 19932 whilst attempting to connect to GhostCast session using automatic detection

Posted Jan 02, 2009 07:18 PM

So your client connects to a server, then the same server is running the Ghostcast session?

I have not tried it with PXE boot, but try useing Ghostcast on another computer (like your own) and see what happens.

• 3.  RE: Error 19932 whilst attempting to connect to GhostCast session using automatic detection

Posted Jan 03, 2009 06:20 AM
    Yes the client boots, connects to the server, loads the WinPE boot menu, and the ghost32.exe launches.

I try to connect to a ghostcast session which has been set up on the server. I leave the discovery method to automatic and the client seems to connect to the server and then immediately resets the connection (error #19932). If a repeat this again, but point the client to the server's ip address the session starts and runs successfully.

I have tried this on three machines so far and its the same problem for all of them.

The is no change if i select unicast or multicast.

Are there maybe any additional settings i need to make to the DHCP server options? I currently have the following settings:

Option 60 - PXEClient
    Option 66 (Boot Server Host Name) - 192.168.0.1 (Test Server IP address)