Deployment Solution

View Only
  • 1.  Error 2 Running Office 2007

Posted Feb 27, 2009 10:45 PM

I Need to installOffice 2007 in a windows xp machine, I created a job from Deployment Console, but I get following error when it run:

server side: errror 2 installing package

machine side:

"Setup can not fin de the required setup controller file. Either there was a network error, an error reading from the CD, DVD, or other installation media, or a problem with the package you downloaded"

I checked the access right to the file and I can navigate to the folder in the network fine

Anyone have any similar experience or solution to this issue

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Error 2 Running Office 2007

Posted Feb 28, 2009 06:19 PM

I created a job and I added "distribute software" option and pointed to the setup.exe (with office.msp), I will try the run script task option to see the results

Thanks Lah

• 3.  RE: Error 2 Running Office 2007

Posted Mar 04, 2009 02:00 AM

We have just installed Office 2007 on multiple XP machines using Deployment Solution. Place the Office installation files on the express share and run setup.exe /admin. That will start the Office Customization Tool. Make the changes you want and save the config file as office2007.msp on the express share. Then create a new job and use the Run Script task to run something like this:

\\altirisds\express\office07\setup.exe /adminfile \\altirisds\express\office07\office2007.msp