Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Error 2 Running Office 2007

Created: 27 Feb 2009 • Updated: 21 May 2010 | 2 comments

I Need to installOffice 2007 in a windows xp machine, I created a job from Deployment Console, but I get following error when it run:

server side: errror 2 installing package

machine side:

"Setup can not fin de the required setup controller file. Either there was a network error, an error reading from the CD, DVD, or other installation media, or a problem with the package you downloaded"

I checked the access right to the file and I can navigate to the folder in the network fine

Anyone have any similar experience or solution to this issue

Thanks

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

lah's picture

We have just installed Office 2007 on multiple XP machines using Deployment Solution. Place the Office installation files on the express share and run setup.exe /admin. That will start the Office Customization Tool. Make the changes you want and save the config file as office2007.msp on the express share. Then create a new job and use the Run Script task to run something like this:

\\altirisds\express\office07\setup.exe /adminfile \\altirisds\express\office07\office2007.msp
pragmmativco's picture

I created a job and I added "distribute software" option and pointed to the setup.exe (with office.msp), I will try the run script task option to see the results

Thanks Lah