Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Error 29088 "Not Enough Disk Space on Destination Drive"

Posted Dec 22, 2006 12:40 PM
    Error Number: (29088)

Spanning is not supported on this drive.
    Version: 8.0.0.984 (Oct 3 2003, Build=984)
    OS Version: DOS v7.10
    Command line arguments:
    Active Switches :
    AutoName

I am using a ghost boot disk (created with ghost�s boot disk creation utility) to map to a network drive. I get anywhere from 14 to 500mb copied before I get the above message. There is plenty of storage space available. I have used multiple network locations with the same result. I have tried the -OR switch.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

-matt

• 2.  RE: Error 29088 "Not Enough Disk Space on Destination Drive"

Posted Dec 28, 2006 01:01 AM
    Hi Matt,

I'm just guessing, but most probably, the network connection is not stable and drops after a while. If the network connection fails when writing to the network share, Ghost would interpret it as not enough space.

Problem should be with the client rather than the share since you tried multiple shares. Is it possible to copy a large file to the share while you are in DOS?

Is it possible to create the image (of the disk or a partition) in a local drive to see if there is no issue of creating the image? (this is a remote possibility though).

Krish

• 3.  RE: Error 29088 "Not Enough Disk Space on Destination Drive"

Posted Dec 28, 2006 08:44 AM
    Kris,
    Thank you for your response. Good Ideas. Unfortunately the shares work with out flaw when I image Dell machines. I suspect that the issue is with the network card or driver for the RTL8168 Nic and Asus motherboard. Do you think that I am on the correct track? Any ideas on how to tweak the driver?

thanks you,
    -matt

• 4.  RE: Error 29088 "Not Enough Disk Space on Destination Drive"

Posted Dec 28, 2006 07:13 PM
    Continuing from http://forums.symantec.com/discussions/thread.jspa?threadID=67769&tstart=0 if this is only happening on certain client hardware, the root cause could well be something like like an IRQ conflict between the network interface card and the hard disk (this is most common these days with SATA controllers but it happens in various other situations with some hardware). It definitely seems like traffic is being lost and the network redirector is throwing up misleading errors to Ghost at inopportune times, and IRQ conflicts are the first thing I generally check for.

In this case one test is to disable the use of Ghost's built-in disk drivers and ask it to use the BIOS to access the disk instead using the "-fni" switch (which is normally lower performance, but since the BIOS doesn't use interrupts, it can help avoid conflicts over hardware resources). It's worth a try.

• 5.  RE: Error 29088 "Not Enough Disk Space on Destination Drive"

Posted Dec 29, 2006 12:07 AM
    Hi Matt,

Yes, I think you are on correct track and the problem is with the client. Could you try Nigel's suggestions? In the same time, did you check for driver updates for the network card (or the mother board BIOS updates)?

I just did a quick search and found that Realtek site has a DOS driver dated 11/2006. Could you try that if the driver used is older?

Krish