Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Error 35019 With deploying image with Ghost Solution Suite 2.5.2269

• 1.  Error 35019 With deploying image with Ghost Solution Suite 2.5.2269

Posted Dec 08, 2011 05:39 PM

Hello all,

I'm having a problem deploying an image from the Ghost console using win PE to one type of computer, this computer deploys ok using PXE and PC Dos.  The image deploys ok on other computers but on this this type fails with the following error:

Error Number: (35019)
    Version: 11.5.1.2269 (Feb  2 2010, Build=2269)
    OS Version: Professional  (Build 6000)
    Command line arguments: -clone,dst=1,mode=restore,src=@MCGHOSTpush68 -batch -sgb -jm=U -jaddr=10.0.0.43 -sgt -ffi 

I have tried switches -ffi (as above), -ffx, -fni, -ntexact and no switch but all failed with the same error. I'm at a loss as to where to go next, using PC Dos from the console fails with the Dos client not being able to contact the server.

Any help much apprecated.

Regards

Graeme

• 2.  RE: Error 35019 With deploying image with Ghost Solution Suite 2.5.2269

Posted Dec 10, 2011 03:49 PM

There seems to be a contradiction in your posting as you first state "this computer deploys ok using PXE and PC Dos" and then you state "using PC Dos from the console fails with the Dos client not being able to contact the server."   Maybe I am just missing a subtlety here.

The usual reason for a machine not being able to contact the server is a problem with a NIC driver.  Although you state that you are using the same model of machine, it is not unusual for some companies to use different chipsets on what is apparently the same model. Changes in BIOS releases or BIOS settings can also cause issues, and are therefore points to check.

The other area where PCDOS can fall down is accessing the hard disk on modern systems which almost all feature SATA storage - something that PCDOS does not support. For this reason, many system bioses still provide a hard disk compatibility mode that allows the hardware to emulate the older PATA standard that DOS does understand. 

Moving to WinPE is therefore a good step as it works better with new machines, and is easier to update with the necessary drivers for the emerging chipsets.

• 3.  RE: Error 35019 With deploying image with Ghost Solution Suite 2.5.2269

Posted Dec 12, 2011 06:57 PM

Many thanks for the reply.

I will try to explain much better. In the first case I will leave the Ghost console turned off so that no tasks or the client settings in the computer object in the console have any effect and will start the ghost server only. If I use PXE, 3 Com boot services, PCDos with the generic PXE driver I can connect to the ghost server and image the computer successfully. Unicast or Multicast both are fine.

With the same physical machine if I now start the Ghost console and set the computer object to use PCDos and the generic driver a Ghost Console task will fail with the DOS client unable to contact the ghost session. It loads PCDos and the driver ok, picks up the MAC address of the NIC and sits there trying to contact the Ghost Server. I have tried a couple of NDIS drivers and all present the same.

So the problem with PCDos only presents when using a Ghost console task, PXE with the same settings work fine. Other types of computers work fine.

If I set the computer object in the Ghost console to use WinPE the computer will boot into WinPE, connect to the console and do a configure task ok but an image task fails with the error above. 

So I am unable to run an image task from the Ghost Console but I can use WinPE to do a configure task.

Hope this makes more sense.

Again many thanks for your reply.

Regards

Graeme 

• 4.  RE: Error 35019 With deploying image with Ghost Solution Suite 2.5.2269

Posted Dec 13, 2011 12:20 AM

Try using Universal Packet driver for PC-DOS while executing the task from Ghost Console and let us know the results...

• 5.  RE: Error 35019 With deploying image with Ghost Solution Suite 2.5.2269

Posted Dec 13, 2011 02:57 AM

Sorry Harshu, I have already tried it. by mistake I called the Universal packet driver "generic PXE driver". What I havent tried is "Universal Packet Driver v2.0 [irqcfg]". I'm on site again tomorrow afternoon local time so I can try that option then.

Regards

Graeme

• 6.  RE: Error 35019 With deploying image with Ghost Solution Suite 2.5.2269

Posted Dec 13, 2011 06:27 AM

Try using -ntc- -fro which will block bad sectors with WINPE Pre-OS.

• 7.  RE: Error 35019 With deploying image with Ghost Solution Suite 2.5.2269
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 13, 2011 11:56 PM

Thanks for the reply again,

I tried the switches you gave me but they failed with the same error.

The universal packet driver [irqcfg] worked and I am able to do a config task and a clone is in progress at the moment. When the current clone is finished I will try WinPE and the -prefghst  switch.

So the universal packet driver [irqcfg] is a good workaround and I can get to rolling out the new image soon.

Regards

Graeme

• 8.  RE: Error 35019 With deploying image with Ghost Solution Suite 2.5.2269

Posted Dec 14, 2011 08:05 PM

The switch -prefghst failed with the same error and as before (but not mentioned) I have to run ghreboot to get out of Win PE.  All so as before (but not mentioned) if I try to run ghost32 manually from Win PE Ghost32 fails to start with the same error.

I can spend a little more time on it if you want to find the cause but as I can now work from PCDos I have a good workaround.

Regards

Graeme

• 9.  RE: Error 35019 With deploying image with Ghost Solution Suite 2.5.2269

Posted Dec 14, 2011 08:21 PM

2269 patch file might fix the issue. As it has latest exe.

To get patch file 2269 you have to contact Technical Support.

• 10.  RE: Error 35019 With deploying image with Ghost Solution Suite 2.5.2269

Posted Dec 15, 2011 03:43 AM

Details of how to contact Tech Support are in one of the sticky postings at the top of this forum.

• 11.  RE: Error 35019 With deploying image with Ghost Solution Suite 2.5.2269

Posted Dec 15, 2011 08:26 PM

Thanks Harshu and Edt but I already have that patch (as in the thread title).

Regards

Graeme