Messaging Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  Error 550: Date Header far in the past/future

Posted Nov 26, 2012 04:41 AM

I have a large group of users who scheduling mail to be send at a later time. Some of the users do this for a couple of months ahead.  These messages are created with the delay delivery option within outlook.

With the introduction of the messaging gateway 10.0.0-7 these outbound e-mail are rejected with the error desciption #< #5.0.0 smtp; 550 Date header far in the past/future.> #SMTP#.

It seems that only the emails scheduled a longer time ago are blocked. Recent mail that are scheduled to be deliverd a few days later are send normally.

I can't find any settings to modify this behavior but preventing the messaging gateway stopping these messages would be very nice. Any idea how to do this or do i have to stop outbound scanning en use Exchange to send messages direct to internet?

The used Exchange server is a Exchange 2007 running on a Windows 2008 SP2 server with SMSMSE 6.5, The messaging gateway is installed with 1 network connection and is scanning inbound and outbound messages. Received and send mail are also going thru messaglabs.

Regards Rob Coenders

• 2.  RE: Error 550: Date Header far in the past/future

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 26, 2012 12:42 PM

I am not able to find any documentation from our engineers that this is a feature on the Messaging Gateway. Are you certain that it is the Messaging Gateway rejecting the email, or is it the server that we are trying to relay to?

• 3.  RE: Error 550: Date Header far in the past/future

Posted Dec 05, 2012 08:19 AM

Thanks for your Reply, I was a busy week so soory for the late answer.

I'm sure that the message is generated at the Messaging gateway. After some investigation it seems that the problem only occurs to Very old messages ( scheduled Janari 2012 ) Recent messages are delivered on time and without errors.