Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Error 775 when uploading and deploying images

Created: 16 Oct 2012 | 11 comments

Hello All,

I need help with an issue i'm currently having with Altiris when deploying images using the ghost console.  This happens to me whether im uploading or deploying any image within our image catalog.  The Job is:

1. Reboot to Automation
  2. Create Backup Image (Ghost Format - Split into 2400mb blocks with balanced compression, tried also with no compression and no splits with same results)
  3. Reboot to Production

The job reboots to a winpex64 (also tried x32) Automation partition and attempts to start ghost create image job.  For  a brieft second the job will pop up (or go until about 45% on deployment jobs) then close out completely.  I dont know what exactly is happening but i have included both the upload and deployment error logs.  Please let me know what you are able to see by these documents because all i am able to see is the error code and theres no documentation on any site regarding this code.

Thank You,

smadison81

Comments 11 CommentsJump to latest comment

andykn101's picture

What does the error message with no splits say, the ones you've posted both seem to have problems with the split.

Authorised Symantec Consultant (ASC) with Endpoint Management Limited, an Authorised Symantec Delivery Provider based in the UK.

Connect Etiquette: Please "Mark as Solution" posts that fix your problem.

smadison81's picture

No split gives error 519

"Not Enough Room on device for image headers"

andykn101's picture

Is your destination drive full?

Authorised Symantec Consultant (ASC) with Endpoint Management Limited, an Authorised Symantec Delivery Provider based in the UK.

andykn101's picture

Does the image start to go on to the destination drive sometimes?

smadison81's picture

Yes it will begin the image creation sometimes, and get about 60% into it (Also 50 - 60 percent on deployment) and just exit out of ghost.

andykn101's picture

Can you see the partial image on the destination drive? Try a continuous ping from the destination server to somewhere else to see if there are network problems.

smadison81's picture
  • yes the partial image is on the destination drive.
  • Continous ping shows no signs of problems, getting a constant reply
smadison81's picture

It seems like it just errors for no reason while processing an image.

smadison81's picture

So on the initial errors, what exactly is the problem with my splits?

EdT's picture

Have you asked about your issues in the appropriate Altiris NS or DS forum?  You are running a version of Ghost (12) that is not supplied as a standalone corporate product, which this forum supports.

As a faultfinding exercise, if you are booting WinPE, have you added the correct NIC and SATA drivers for the version of WinPE you are using?  Ghost 11.5.1.2266, which is the version that ships as a standalone corporate edition, comes with WinPE 2, which is based on the Vista kernel, and therefore needs Vista 32 bit drivers. (no point in building a 64 bit WinPE unless you are running a scripted install; for Ghost deployment of any windows operating system, 32 bit WinPE is all that is needed as it just has to be able to talk to the NIC and read/write sectors to the disk.  If your version comes with WinPE 3.x, then you need Win 7 drivers, as WinPE 3 is based on the Windows 7 kernel.

One other thing you could try, is creating a bootable WinPE USB hard disk, copy the image to the hard disk and try deploying it with Ghost from the USB hard disk. That removes the network from the test and if that works OK, then at least you know it's a network issue.

By the way - are you using Unicast or Multicast?  If the latter, then make sure IGMP is enabled on your switches, otherwise deployment will fail after a few minutes.

If your issue has been solved, please use the "Mark as Solution" link on the most relevant thread.