Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Error with Agent 2012 on Windows 2003 x86

Created: 16 May 2012 | 7 comments
m-d's picture

Hey there,

i want to backup SQL databases every night [~4GB].

But after upgrade to 2012 [from 2010 R3], i found this error in eventlog:

Anwendungspopup: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library: Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS\beremote.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Weitere Informationen über die Hilfe- und Supportdienste erhalten Sie

Don´t know what do to?!

Backup stands still [no data, no datarate] for many hours until I cancel it manually...[stop the BE service on the sql-server]

Any Ideas?

Comments 7 CommentsJump to latest comment

BackupBjoern's picture

Hello,

This looks like to be a process crash. You are not telling if this is if this is happening on the media server or the SQL server. What you should do first is to upgrade to the latest HF that is on LiveUpdate and then update the remote agents.

When a process is crashing there is a crash dump recorded in the \BEDBG folder. Can you check this folder for any existing .dmp files. If the update does not fix it i think you will need a support case as we would need to analyze the crashdump.

m-d's picture

Short question: What requirements has the agent? Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime (2005, 2008, 2010?)? Or some special .net-Framework Version(s)?

I could see the Agent and I see that a backup is active (but just see the status "Creating a Snapshot")

The \BEDBG folder is empty.

I´ve installed backup exec on main server and the I ran liveupdate. After this I install agents on the clients.

The problem occurs on a "client"-server with installed agent.

If I run liveupdate now, there is no new update. Currently I run the version 14.0.1798.0.

jplaux's picture

I have exactly the same problem !

I have SQL server 2005 running on windows 2003.

After migrating from BE 2010 to BE 2012, BE Agent on SQL server crashes.

For testing, I have disabled the option "shadow copies", the backup starts but finilly crashes after several minutes.

I have no solution and it is very annoying...

m-d's picture

I´ve now uninstalled new agent.

With agent from 2010 R3 it runs. Just get an error ["your agent version is too old, please update"] when backup has completed but it´s better than NO backup..

jplaux's picture

We have udpated BE 2012 with SP1 but that doesn't solve the problem.

We have found in the agent an option about SQL Server backup method.

By default, the method was Full - Backup entire database

We have changed it to Full Copy-Only (SQL 2005 or later) - Backup up entire database and we were able to do a backup.

The impact of the differences between  the 2 options is not clear.

m-d's picture

I could ony see this, when I want to create a unique backup, but not in my backup plan [backup-to-disk-to-tape] .. where could I find this?

JosephB's picture

Did any one ever get an answer to this i am having the same problem on one of my SQL Servers?