Critical System Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Error code 300 sql code 1105 while applying policy to scsp agents

Posted Jul 16, 2013 04:09 AM

I am geting error while applying policy to scsp agents. i think this releated to SCSP database.what i need to do? 

could not allocate space for object dbo.optionsetting optionsetting_pk in database scspdb because the primary filegroup is full create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup,or setting autogrouth on for existing files in the filegroup 

• 2.  RE: Error code 300 sql code 1105 while applying policy to scsp agents

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 16, 2013 04:17 AM

yeah, can you reduce the database

check this link

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH188476

• 3.  RE: Error code 300 sql code 1105 while applying policy to scsp agents

Posted Jul 17, 2013 03:48 PM

The KB provided by Pete will help, but I believe the issue is with the SQL version you are using which is most likely the Express 2005 Edition that comes "embedded" with the SCSP installation (for evaluation purposes only).

The issue when using this version is the size restriction which is 4Gb only. In a production environment, 4Gb can be quickly reached!

So if my assumption is correct, you would have to upgrade your SQL server to a Standard or Enterprise version to resolve the issue.

See KB:

SCSP Agent does not upload logs to server because database is full

(http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH178213)

Would my assumption be wrong, then checking and enabling the autogrowth should resolve the issue.

Please let us know ;)

Hope it helps!

• 4.  RE: Error code 300 sql code 1105 while applying policy to scsp agents

Posted Jul 18, 2013 11:31 AM

Hi Ramling,

Any update for us?

Here are also some useful information regarding the purge of logs:

By default the purge happens every 24 hours. If you wish to purge more often, then the “sis-server.properties”* file will have to be modified as follow:

1. sisdbcleanup.runtime defaults to "23". Uncomment "#sisdbcleanup.runtime=23" by removing the "#" and change "23" to any number lower than 23 to increase the frequency of daily purges (i.e., sisdbcleanup.runtime=1 would purge the database hourly).
    2. sisdbcleanup.event.purge.limit defaults to 100k. Uncomment "#sisdbcleanup.event.purge.limit=100000" and change "100000" to whatever threshold you require. If you increase this number and you have a lot of events, the impact on the
    manager will increase, so this is something to consider when modifying this number.

* Note: The sis-server.properties file is read only. The best course is to stop the management server (net stop sismanager at the "run" line), then change the file properties from "read only"). Then, make sure to change the file properties back and restart the management server when finished (net start sismanager at the "run" line).

In complement of the sis-server.properties configuration and purge options enabled within the console, the SQL agent service should be running and the SCSPDBevents.ndf file should be shrinking by your DBA.

The SCSPEVENTS Database Continues to Grow Despite Having Set Event Purge Options In The Console.

Also, the following KB article lists some steps to follow to ensure log retention is configured properly and to limit database/SCSP Server resource usage:

How to reduce SCSP Server database size and improve performances?

The following KB articles describe how to purge events with specific criteria from the database itself:

How to purge events from the Symantec Critical System Protection 5.0 database

How to Manually Remove SCSP 5.2 Events Using the "SCSP_PurgeEvents" Stored Procedure.

Hope it helps, and as always please let us know and marks the comment that helped you the most as solution ;)

• 5.  RE: Error code 300 sql code 1105 while applying policy to scsp agents

Posted Jul 25, 2013 04:30 AM

Hi Thanks for the support. i have upgarded from SQL 2005 Express to SQL 2012 Express. in 2005 only 4 gb data base size and in 2012 10 gb.

• 6.  RE: Error code 300 sql code 1105 while applying policy to scsp agents
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 26, 2013 02:09 PM

Hi Ramlin,

Yes, that is correct. However, if using SCSP in a production environment, I strongly recommend you to go for a Standard/Enterprise Edition of SQL to avoid space issue in future.

Please mark the comment that helped you as solution to close this forum discussion.

Thanks!

• 7.  RE: Error code 300 sql code 1105 while applying policy to scsp agents

Posted Aug 22, 2013 03:45 AM

Thanks