Video Screencast Help

Error: "Failed to load Provider" while Installing Backup Exec 2012

Created: 28 Mar 2014 • Updated: 10 Apr 2014 | 5 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hello,

i'm trying to Upgrade Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R3 to Backup Exec 2012 (V-Ray) on a Windows Server 2008 R2. I get the Error: "Die Installation ist aufgrund eines unerwarteten Fehlers fehgeschlagen: Fehler beim laden des Anbieters" which can be translated to: "The installation failed due to an unexpected error: Error loading provider". 

Steps I did befor I tried Upgrading Backup Exec:

I virtualized our physical Backup Server in VMWare.

Upgraded SQL 2005 to SQL 2008 R2.

Updated Backup Exec 2010 R2 till no more updates where available.

What I tried to solve this issue:

Successful run the pre Install check (Just got three Warnings: No Symantec AntiVirus, No media devices, Terminal services)

Run the Installation Local.

Repairing the WMI like suggested here, because i got the exact same Error Log. Unsuccessfully.

At the moment i'm re-downloding the ISO Image to verify that the ISO is not corrupted.

Thanks in Advance

My Error Log:

Symantec Backup Exec (TM) 2012 Installation Log
 
 
03-28-2014,09:06:57 : EnumProcesses Counts: 73
03-28-2014,09:06:57 : Windows Operating System Version: 6.1
03-28-2014,09:06:57 : GetProductInfo returned success. Checking for CORE OS values.
03-28-2014,09:06:59 : Executing managed _Setup:
03-28-2014,09:06:59 : C:\Users\dzovko\Desktop\BE\BE\WINNT\INSTALL\BEx64\Install\_Setup.exe
03-28-2014,09:07:00 : Loading XML from:
03-28-2014,09:07:00 : C:\Users\dzovko\Desktop\BE\BE\WINNT\INSTALL\BEx64\Install\IFProducts.xml
03-28-2014,09:07:00 : RawsDlgSequence::CheckInstMode
03-28-2014,09:07:00 : BEOperations::BE_GetInstalledProdCodeVersion()
03-28-2014,09:07:00 : Found 13.0.x BEWS Product.
03-28-2014,09:07:00 : RawsDlgSequence::CheckUpgrade
03-28-2014,09:07:00 : Installing Version 14.0.1798; (Major=14, Minor=0, Build=1798) > Target Version 13.0.5204; (Major=13, Minor=0, Build=5204)
03-28-2014,09:07:02 : Folgende Installationsmedienprüfdatei wird verwendet: C:\Users\dzovko\Desktop\BE\BE\WINNT\INSTALL\BEx64\Install\Manifest.csm
03-28-2014,09:07:13 : 731 Dateien verarbeitet.
03-28-2014,09:07:13 : Die Installationsmedien wurden geprüft.
03-28-2014,09:07:13 : Processing completed in 0 hours 0 minutes 12 seconds
03-28-2014,09:07:14 : BEOperations::BE_GetInstalledProdCodeVersion()
03-28-2014,09:07:15 : DJM was not found to be enabled. Not a CASO-MMS.
03-28-2014,09:07:15 : SSO key found for upgrade, value: 0
03-28-2014,09:07:15 : Dell Storage Provisioning was not found to be enabled.
03-28-2014,09:07:15 : DLO was not found to be enabled.
03-28-2014,09:07:15 : Backup Exec version 13.0.5204 is registered with the system.
03-28-2014,09:07:15 : Writing Install Registry Value (Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\14.0\Install\Upgrade Version: 13.0.5204.0)
+ 03-28-2014,09:07:15 : Failed to Read Install Registry Value (Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\14.0\Install\Path: )
+ 03-28-2014,09:28:26 : Die Installation ist aufgrund eines unerwarteten Fehlers fehlgeschlagen:Fehler beim Laden des Anbieters
+ 03-28-2014,09:28:27 : bei System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode) bei System.Management.ManagementObjectCollection.ManagementObjectEnumerator.MoveNext() bei Symantec.IFrameSDK.CommonOps.CSysInfoOps.GetComputerModel(String& strComputerModel) bei Symantec.BackupExec.BeSeqDlgs.BEDlgSequence.InitAsDellProvisioningOption(SharedData pSharedData) bei Symantec.BackupExec.BeSeqDlgs.BEDlgSequence.InitializeUpgradeInstall(SharedData pSharedData) bei Symantec.BackupExec.BeSeqDlgs.BEDlgSequence.InitSharedData(SharedData pSharedData) bei Symantec.IFrameSDK._Setup.ProductSequence.InitSharedData(SharedData data) bei a.a(String[] A_0)
+ 03-28-2014,09:28:27 : If this install is being run from a network share, copying the media locally and retrying the install may resolve this issue.
+ 03-28-2014,09:28:30 : ERROR: Installation failed with error -532459699. GetLastError = :0
    Operating Systems:

    Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

    sidd3009's picture

    Hello,

    Please refer to the following article: 

    http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH156616

    http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH186084

    Regards,

    Siddhant Saini
    Former Symantec Senior Technical Support Engineer 
    Symantec Technical Specialist 
    Symantec Certified Specialist.

    boykott's picture

    Hello sidd3009,

    The first Link deals with an Font error in the Registry. I checked the bkupinst.htm but i didn't encounter an Font Errors.

    I already included the second link in my Post. I also started a wim Diagnostic .bat. Here are the results.

    Right now i work on the Log

    lmosla's picture

    Hello boykott,

    Turn off antivirus before running the install.  If that doesnt help you might need to do a clean install instead of an upgrade ( first make sure you have a copy of the database and catalogs folder)

    pkh's picture

    I virtualized our physical Backup Server in VMWare.

    Note that Symantec does not recommend the use of a VM for the media server and access to real devices from a virtualised media server is not supported.